GDT: Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

matzz

Dec 28, 2013
Finland
good game overal, Sweden had more goals this time but i would not say they played better hockey. Congratzz

Petskuta

May 15, 2011
Good job and good luck, Sweden!

Finland played a great tournament 5 on 5. Special teams were our undoing, and I'll place most of the fault on the coaching. Jortikka is just so super passive and didn't have the balls to make aggressive changes when needed. 0-21 PP, unacceptable, especially for a team that plays very well on even strength. I hope I'll never see this guy behind the bench for Finland.

Petri1981

Dec 20, 2013
By far the worst performance of the tournament by Finland. Too bad it came in the QFs, you just cant take multiple 2min 5on3s on this level. Predicting another silver medal for swedes in this tournament though.

Raimoh

Jul 21, 2010
Finland didn't try anything else but those freaking one-timers on the powerplay during the whole tournament, and most of them missed the net or were blocked. I can't even find words to express anything. I've been sitting here for 5min trying to find a way to but just.. nngngngngngn.

Totally winnable game. 5on5 these teams were quite even. Swedish PP was lighyears ahead. And that last 10 seconds of the second period :facepalm:

Will bee rooting for Sweden against Russia.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
So Sweden managed to score 5v3, 5v4 , 5v5 and 5v6 anyone else seen something like that ? Great game by Swedish special teams though

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Wow truly surprised that Jortikka took goalie out. That's new to him.

Puljujärvi will have immerse growth before the next year, be proud of him (atleast by then).
Aho, Rantanen, Hintz and Kapanen will all also develop during this season in Finland.

Only one really useless was Honka. Expectations were so high ...

Odd judgment. Honka routinely drove the play up the ice. I can't really blame him for doing what the PP asked of him which is to just fire it at the net from the point and pray that the hockey gods like deflections.

Scrobble

Jul 11, 2013
I would say Finland was even slightly better 5vs5 but special teams are a big part of the game and Finland's PP and PK were abysmal while Sweden's PP is amazing. Nylander is a complete beast. Shame that he was drafted by Toronto, won't ever have a good team around him there. :laugh:

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
At the end of the day you can't win a goalscoring game by not scoring goals. Still, a good game for us in the context of this tournament and I'm happy for Rantanen is particular. Anyone blaming Puljujärvi is out of their minds.

The bitter side of me is glad is that I don't think this Swedish team has what it takes to take down Canada. Defence and goaltending were not good.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Congrats to Sweden and Referees. Good game. 4 minutes of 5on3 game over from penalties over nothing. Every year dance. One year maybe there will be neutral referees. Good luck to semis!

Looking through Erikfromfin's glasses, no there will never be neutral referees.......ever

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Nylander with his worst game of the tournament and he get's POG....Should have gone to Kempe IMO.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If Finnish coach isn't sacked for that horrendous PP then he is sacked for playing Husso in this game. I get it that he looked good before this game but any time you bench the last years MVP in favor of the guy that ends up giving 5 goals in less than 30 shots, you will take lots of heat for it.

Being 4th in your Group and getting bounced in the QF as the defending champs can't be considered anywhere near good enough.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Rantanen is the "leading scorer" and a terrible player. Puljujärvi is a 16 year old kid. Absolutely no argument who is going to be better in my mind.

And that means Puljujärvi is the only one that deserves the second look?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finland didn't try anything else but those freaking one-timers on the powerplay during the whole tournament, and most of them missed the net or were blocked. I can't even find words to express anything. I've been sitting here for 5min trying to find a way to but just.. nngngngngngn.

Totally winnable game.

We didn't have any playmaking centres on the team. No use trying to play it like that when there's no talent to set it up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad