GDT: Quarter Final | Russia Vs Germany | 1/2 @ 10 AM | TSN/NHL

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Russia's PK is really too much for Germany right now..they need to get better support and find the safe zones.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Germany suddenly can’t put two passes together.

A bad PP can really take away your momentum.

You can’t put it in the guy’s skates in transition.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Tough start for Elias, missing the wide open net and then having this giveaway.
And what the hell why is this an icing they were clearly slowing down battling for the puck

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Unless German engineers have found a way to clone Stutzle and Peterka, this is not going to end well for their team.
They're creating a hell of a base for a national team... Good to great NHL goalies (Grubauer and Greiss), Hart trophy winner (Drai), exceptional Dman coming (Seider), some beauty prospects (Stutzel, Reichel, Peterka) and a few established NHL guys (Kahun and Reider). Things are looking great plus the Olympic final 2 years ago.

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What a play by Pod.
Steals the puck then a perfect pass to Amirov who fans on an open net

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Think this game is proof of what I and many others have been saying, this German team and German hockey in general is the real deal. If they had Reichel, and especially Seider, they may have placed 2nd in the group, and certainly would have put up a better fight against Canada. Looking forward to German hockey elevating its game like what the Swiss have done over the past 15 years.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
Why don't they just play Stutzle the whole game? I learned on hf that he would still score at the same rate.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Think this game is proof of what I and many others have been saying, this German team and German hockey in general is the real deal. If they had Reichel, and especially Seider, they may have placed 2nd in the group, and certainly would have put up a better fight against Canada. Looking forward to German hockey elevating its game like what the Swiss have done over the past 15 years.

It’s exciting to see new hockey cultures emerge at a competitive level.

Things has stagnated a bit when the Czechs and Slovaks regressed and there was less variety.

Doing well at the Juniors is a challenge for smaller countries given the age restrictions. To do so with the depth hits caused by COVID is remarkable.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
People did it in Russia, when one couldn't afford to or find red sauce in the stores. There is a reason for that....

Makes sense...ketchup is actually really good with macaroni. Anything else though it's pretty bad

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
It’s exciting to see new hockey cultures emerge at a competitive level.

Things has stagnated a bit when the Czechs and Slovaks regressed and there was less variety.

Doing well at the Juniors is a challenge for smaller countries given the age restrictions. To do so with the depth hits caused by COVID is remarkable.

Maybe we can combine the two countries again. :sarcasm:

Please don't kill me.

Reactions: novisor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad