GDT: Quarter Final | Russia Vs Germany | 1/2 @ 10 AM | TSN/NHL

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Let whiners whine. Russia is not leading 6-0 in the first, oh we are all doomed, Larionov is terrible, this team is lazy, Bragin 's team would be leading 10-0 by now :)
Yeah if anything Bragin's teams were actually usual suspects when it came to playing underdogs in playoff games.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Abstreiter gives this team a chance by attention to detail and a sound structure. Still a hockey game here.

May i say i love seeing Larionov behind the bench..great deal of respect for that man.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
Russia took about 10 shots from blue line, about half blocked and the other half were misses.
As long as they don't allow any breakaways I'm ok with this and I like that they are not making too many unnecessary passes.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Should be a 0-0 game if not for three German’s that just watched the Russian blow the zone.

Russia took over the last 3 minutes but still never created anything overly dangerous. Still get the sense they have more to give though.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Big positive for Germany

They have done a perfect job against Russia's top line
physical against them, and not much possession for that line.

that top Russian line looks like they haven't woke up for this early game yet.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Good game by Germany! Good work by defense. I hope they can stand ist for next 2 Periods.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Germany is not even that bad.
People see the Canada score but don't realize they had like 7 people with Covid and were playing their 4th string goalie.
Some of the worst goaltending I have ever seen in my life

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
That is my only complain about russians in this period. Bad shot selection and quite frankly not enough good shooters on that team.

I think they do have some very good shooters, but they're just shooting from the blue line again, like they did against the Czechs. They need to stop that and the defencement need to come forward a bit and pick the right places to shoot from.

Reactions: Melkor

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
Russia hasn't looked sharp or created too many high quality chances....but they have the lead and are comfortably controlling the game. They'll want to increase their lead of course, but so far Germany really hasn't looked that threatening.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I think they do have some very good shooters, but they're just shooting from the blue line again, like they did against the Czechs. They need to stop that and the defencement need to come forward a bit and pick the right places to shoot from.
Yeah the defensemen's hesitance to move their feet with the puck deeper into the zone kinda makes russian's attack toothless a bit. Right from the first game at this tournament it is quite obvious they don't have the D of Romanov's caliber on this squad. He was a freaking machine last 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
Defense is good but we can't do some damage in the o zone when we are just dumping the puck out of our zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad