WC: Quarter-Final Pre-Game Talk | CAN-SVK | RUS-NOR | FIN-USA | SWE-CZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
I think Canada is too young to win gold, so I think it's a tossup between Sweden and Russia with the U.S. as a dark horse. The Americans look to me like they might make waves.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Canada has a 12-1-2 record against Slovakia, but 8 of those victories have been by one goal. So only 4 of the 15 games have had a margin of more than one goal.

Night owl

Jan 10, 2011
Norwegian mountains
Canada - Slovakia 4-3
USA - Finland 5-3
Norway - Russia 2-1
Sweden - Czech 2-3

Canada - Czech 3-5
USA - Norway 6-4

Bronze final
Norway- Canada 4-2

Final
Czech - USA 3-2

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
CAN - SVK 4-3
USA - FIN 4-2
NOR - RUS 1-5 (Much respect for team Norway)
SWE - CZE 3-1

USA - RUS 3-1
SWE - CAN 2-3

USA - CAN 2-4

SWE - RUS 6-3

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
so far i havent seen ONE nonbiased opinion :laugh:

but those where cze and nor are finalist are the best...

wheres czechs common sense? they are in QF because there were 4 places not 2 so they just get the spot...they didnt show anything special...

Pheroman*

Russia vs norway

We scored 3 goals vs Russia last game, but the refs disallowed Skrøders 2nd goal. :shakehead We also played with our 2nd goalie, Lars Volden. The 4th goal scored by Russia was soft :thumbd: So hopefully we will have a better goalie this time and hopefully the refs wont go against us again :)

Oh stop complaining, you really believe that such great team as Russia could be compared to Norway like that, just because Germany cracked doesn't mean that Norway is so awesome and the Tollefsen guy or whatever his name is are you kidding me, it's called luck, Malkin is the best player there right now. And ovechkin and radulov will suit perfectly with datsyk. And kuznetsov. Can't you see russia plays a perfect hockey like no other nation, every time they need to get out of the tough situation they went and scored a goal in seconds, and I'm sorry to say but it wouldn't be like 4-3 if Norwegian goal would be registrated, Russia would press atlest one or two more for the safe win. Norway is just one of those teams that happeneds all the time, Germany or France suddenly played better so, what they gonna suck next year again

Wolfy*

I wish Norway were playing anyone but Russia...

Are you worried about a Russian exit? :D

Norwegian captain Tollefsen said they prefer to play Russia because it will be tougher to beat Sweden in their building and all their supporters.

Pheroman*

Are you worried about a Russian exit? :D

Norwegian captain Tollefsen said they prefer to play Russia because it will be tougher to beat Sweden in their building and all their supporters.

Captain of Norway must be on drugs or something, last team you wanna meet is Russia no matter the circumstances

zorz

Mar 8, 2010

but those where cze and nor are finalist are the best...

wheres czechs common sense? they are in QF because there were 4 places not 2 so they just get the spot...they didnt show anything special...

Actually at least half of the playoff teams didn't show anything special. Still that's enough, because hockey is quite small sport with weak competition ;)

Pheroman*

CAN 5-2 SVK
SWE 4-1 CZE
RUS 5-0 NOR
FIN 3-2 USA

CAN 2-1 SWE
RUS 3-2 FIN

FIN 1-0 SWE

Canada VS Russia for gold. Could go either way.

Finally someone with true knowledge, even the scores will be similar, nice bet man

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
If you count playoff games in history of olympics and WC, Finland is 7-2 against USA. (And 5-4 against Canada btw) so i'm confident even the last game was horrible. It will be epic game

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I have to admit. A small part of me is sorely tempted to pull an all nighter and watch the Quarters beginning at 3AM my time. :laugh: Work would sure be a pain tomorrow, though (starting at 9:30)

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON

I think for the most part people are being objective with predictions. Lots of people are choosing their nation to lose at some point. Of course there are some picks that are obviously just for fun and to have a laugh.

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
If it wasn't for the backup Czech just got from the NHL i would be calm.

But damn, this Czech team will be a though one now, they work together much better.
All respect to Hemsky!

4-2 Sweden (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad