Series Talk: Qualifying Round: Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Rangers

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Anyone else worried about having a rookie goalie getting his first NHL playoff experience in this challenging environment?

Not really. What if we’d had our rookie goalie all year, or all next year and up the 5 seed? Now there’s expectations. We’re on the outside looking in. If anything this is better. If we don’t win the play in he got a taste before his first full season. If he does awesome we can be even more confident in what we have.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
By the way, since the regular season is officially over...

19-20 Panarin has the 4th highest P/GP for any Rangers player with 20 or more GP in a season. Zibanejad at # 11.
19-20 Zibanejad has the 3rd highest G/GP for any Rangers player with 20 or more GP in a season.
19-20 Panarin has the 4th highest A/GP for any Rangers player with 20 or more GP in a season.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's on .com

I don't see it there. What I do see is one quote from Bettman: "At this time, we are not fixing dates because the schedule of our return to play will be determined both by developing circumstances and the needs of the players."

and another from the same article that quoted Bettman: "Training camps could open in mid-July as part of Phase 3 of the Return to Play Plan"

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I don't see it there. What I do see is one quote from Bettman: "At this time, we are not fixing dates because the schedule of our return to play will be determined both by developing circumstances and the needs of the players."

and another from the same article that quoted Bettman: "Training camps could open in mid-July as part of Phase 3 of the Return to Play Plan"
yeah I had the latter quote in mind

I think the 2-3rd week assesment was from here https://nypost.com/2020/05/25/nhls-return-plan-hits-phase-2-voluntary-small-group-workouts/

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So if this whole thing isn't wrapped up until September or late August, will the start of 2020-2021 be delayed?

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
EDIT:Round Robin seems to be qualifying for 16 seed playoff ranking. Not 'OFFICIAL' playoff series.

:rangers:canes

6th Seed: Carolina Hurricanes 36-25-5 (81)
11th Seed: New York Rangers 37-28-5 (79)

Regular Season Series vs. Canes: 3-0

ROUND ROBIN RULES:
Regular overtime and shootout rules.

Phase TWO: June, (voluntary training camp) July for Training Camp (mandatory). Bettman stated SCF could wind up finishing by fall. So we have a long while to prepare. And I'm glad we have something to look forward for this summer.

Well, boys, we're back in the playoffs one way or another.

EDIT:

4-0. Don't cheat us out of a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad