Series Talk: Qualifying Round: Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Rangers

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
EDIT:Round Robin seems to be qualifying for 16 seed playoff ranking. Not 'OFFICIAL' playoff series.

:rangers:canes

6th Seed: Carolina Hurricanes 36-25-5 (81)
11th Seed: New York Rangers 37-28-5 (79)

Regular Season Series vs. Canes: 3-0

ROUND ROBIN RULES:
Regular overtime and shootout rules.

Phase TWO: June, (voluntary training camp) July for Training Camp (mandatory). Bettman stated SCF could wind up finishing by fall. So we have a long while to prepare. And I'm glad we have something to look forward for this summer.

Well, boys, we're back in the playoffs one way or another.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
:sc09::rangers

ROUND ROBIN RULES:

Phase TWO: June, no latest than July for Training Camp. Bettman stated SCF could wind up finishing by fall. So we have a long while to prepare. And I'm glad we have something to look forward for this summer.

Would like to make a note from the OP....

The early June training camp is voluntary. The Formal training camp will be no earlier than the first half of July.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
So we play the canes and whoever wins goes on to the caps or do they go on to this round robin thing for reseeding?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So we play the canes and whoever wins goes on to the caps or do they go on to this round robin thing for reseeding?
The round-robin seeding is separate from the play-in round. They will happen simultaneously, and then we'll face whoever ends up being the #3 seed after the round-robin.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Right so is that only for the teams with the bye or does everyone play in the round robin after the play-in round
The #1-4 seeds who have the "bye" play in the round robin. The other 8 teams are in the play-in round.

I edited it into my response but too late for you to see, I guess. Whoops.

Reactions: nyr2k2

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Chalk me up as someone who would have just preferred them putting the kibosh on the rest of 19-20. Seems as if focus should have shifted to making 20-21 happen as safely, quickly, and as soon as possible.

And maybe I’m just being a doof, but a cup win at this point would feel...cheap? Idk.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Chalk me up as someone who would have just preferred them putting the kibosh on the rest of 19-20. Seems as if focus should have shifted to making 20-21 happen as safely, quickly, and as soon as possible.

And maybe I’m just being a doof, but a cup win at this point would feel...cheap? Idk.

See, I’m not winning the cup. It’s not my accomplishment, so it’s really only between the players and lord Stanley how they feel about whether it’s cheap or not. For me, IF this can be done safely from a logistical standpoint, all it feels like is hockey for me to watch, and competitive hockey no less, which I will always have an appetite for. Yes, I’m with you, I’d have been okay with canning the season and I’m definitely interested in a successful 20-21, but whether or not there ends up being an asterisk next to this year’s cup winner or not really doesn’t matter to me. I still get to fill the hockey void in my life and watch teams battle for the Cup. I can’t complain.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

why would it feel cheap when this season had more games played than the last 2 lockout seasons that a cup was awarded?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I don’t think the NHL plans to play 20-21 until at least some fans can attend. That’s likely not until December or January one way or the other, so this actually doesn’t have any impact on the start time of next season.

Reactions: McSauer

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
EDIT:Round Robin seems to be qualifying for 16 seed playoff ranking. Not 'OFFICIAL' playoff series.

:rangers:canes

ROUND ROBIN RULES:

Phase TWO: June, (voluntary training camp) July for Training Camp (mandatory). Bettman stated SCF could wind up finishing by fall. So we have a long while to prepare. And I'm glad we have something to look forward for this summer.

EDIT:

We aren’t playing in the Round Robin, we’re playing in the Qualifying Round. The Qualifying Round uses playoff overtime rules. Thread title needs changing.

upload_2020-5-26_18-25-14.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tlk

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't understand the title of this. This is the tweet to read:

We will play a best-of-five play-in against Carolina.

The top four teams in each conference play a round-robin to determine who is the official #1-#4 seeds.

The winners of the play-in series then play those top four seeds in the standard 1-vs-8, 2-vs-7, etc.-format we're used to.

That is my understanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad