Confirmed with Link: Qualifying Offers

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Wish the relationship between Trenin and the Preds seemed a bit smoother. They’ll settle this way. But seemed predictable it would go this way.
Let's see, here's a guy that gave his all every shift, scored 17 goals, played the penalty kill, has a big body and used it effectively, lets low ball an offer to him, and tell him how useless he was during arbitration.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Let's see, here's a guy that gave his all every shift, scored 17 goals, played the penalty kill, has a big body and used it effectively, lets low ball an offer to him, and tell him how useless he was during arbitration.

Ahhh ... the ever typical claim that an offer was a lowball without a shred of evidence. Please continue.
Just like with Forsberg, all of us here are ignorant of what the team offered and what Trenin requested ... term or price. That ignorance never precludes the jumps to conclusion here.

Reactions: weeze

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Just depends on what Trenin's expectations are. Jarnkrok just signed for 2.1 million, which stat wise is pretty much a good comparison. So if he is looking for something between 2-3 he is fine. If he is expecting more than that then yeah he is going to get his feelings hurt.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Ahhh ... the ever typical claim that an offer was a lowball without a shred of evidence. Please continue.
Just like with Forsberg, all of us here are ignorant of what the team offered and what Trenin requested ... term or price. That ignorance never precludes the jumps to conclusion here.
Sorry your right, I just feel Trenin is a valuable piece and I vented with an irrational post.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Sorry your right, I just feel Trenin is a valuable piece and I vented with an irrational post.
Filing is common and relatively meaningless. Hearings get contentious and lead to hurt feelings. The vast majority of filings never go to a hearing. Once the schedule gets announced we’ll have a definitive end of negotiations window with Trenin and the choice to file for arbitration means no offer sheets.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Pretty sure Leonard is going to file for Arbitration as well, but we will see. Either way, it's common place when you have a good season to file and try to get the max (in Trenin's case) can't blame him.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like Leonard missed the deadline?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Trenin filing for arbitration should be of no concern. It's his only leverage. Almost every decent arb eligible player files. Where things will get sideways, as we all know, is if it actually goes to a hearing. Hopefully he and his agent know the cap is gonna be flat for another year then really move up, and they will take a one or two year deal for a reasonable AAV(2 to 2.5ish)

And as someone said, Jarnkrok just signed for 2.1. That's a decent comparable

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
history says trenin will not go to arbitration. everything so far is normal procedure. settling in the elevator on the way up to the hearing is common place.

i would like to see us offer trenin term and bump up the AAV. take a little “risk” and i think it would pay off. similar to josi’ 7 year 28 million deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad