Confirmed with Link: Qualifying Offers

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Milano's playmaking numbers are really good.

Look at that passes line

FXalXLjWIAAmoH0

The bottom line looks pretty terrible. Like basically don't ever let this guy touch the puck in the d-zone. Of course I say that without knowing what other players I'm familiar with look like. Any idea how this would compare to some of our other middle 6 wingers?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
The bottom line looks pretty terrible. Like basically don't ever let this guy touch the puck in the d-zone. Of course I say that without knowing what other players I'm familiar with look like. Any idea how this would compare to some of our other middle 6 wingers?
Most of this stuff is behind a paywall which I don't have access to but he posts these from time to time on twitter, like the Milano one. Couldn't find any Preds players on his twitter feed unfortunately.

Don't know how much you've watched Matthews but as an example here's his card;

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa2ec2a05-9a37-4eba-8dbe-e8aa636a38f7_2258x1052.png

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Most of this stuff is behind a paywall which I don't have access to but he posts these from time to time on twitter, like the Milano one. Couldn't find any Preds players on his twitter feed unfortunately.

Don't know how much you've watched Matthews but as an example here's his card;

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa2ec2a05-9a37-4eba-8dbe-e8aa636a38f7_2258x1052.png

Maybe this explains why they really need a goalie upgrade?

(I'd take Matthews immediately if we could find a way to make that happen)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I wouldn't put stock in those charts.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I wouldn't put stock in those charts.

Why not? I don’t know much about them. Seems like an easy way to have a decent idea of what a player is good, ok, and not great at. Not the end of the discussion of course.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Because you can't chart usage and responsibilities.

Hockey isn't baseball there's not a stat for everything.

I think there is room for both the eye test and the analytics. Doesn’t have to be just one or the other. I simply have no idea how this one is calculated which is why I asked for others for comparison.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think there is room for both the eye test and the analytics. Doesn’t have to be just one or the other. I simply have no idea how this one is calculated which is why I asked for others for comparison.
I don't think he's released his or anyone releases their algorithms

Let me edit that a bit.

I don't believe you can have a tried and true individual defensive stat. Usage, game time decisions, calculated acceptable risk to certain situations, etc, can't all be accounted for.

It's why defensive stats always look better on teams that play with the lead, and teams with more talent.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Analytics in hockey are very flawed because with just about every stat it is influenced by factors that a raw number just can't give you. They work better in baseball because it's simple, pitcher throws ball, batter swings. They are in the same starting points every single time.

Reactions: Gh24 and triggrman

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
If we could get Milano to play with Sissons and Trenin then we could move Jeannot up. I am growing more fond of finding a way to move Jeannot into a scoring lineup.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I'm not sold on Milano just yet, there's a reason they didn't QO him after the year he had and a lot of their fans are saying he's been a total ghost for quite a bit during the season

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Farrance is a surprising one, but I think he and his agent saw that there's essentially no room for him in Nashville on the left-side for the next multiple years and decided to ask Poile to move on.

His rookie year in the AHL was a weak one after dominating the NCAA. I'm not convinced that he has an NHL future.
He'd have to have really sucked in the AHL for me to listen to his wishes, though. vs. his potential asset value. Because he did basically rise into our "Best D Prospect" status, and playing him a 2nd year in the AHL where you might hope he could re-coup some prospect value would essentially be a no-brainer... vs. letting him go for nothing anyway. IF he re-coups that prospect value you can always put him into a deadline trade, for example, if you aren't all that high on him. Even if I wasn't convince that he has an NHL future, I'd be keeping him.

He'd basically have to be up against criminal charges or be a completely toxic cancer for me to just let him walk at this stage.
:dunno:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
He'd have to have really sucked in the AHL for me to listen to his wishes, though. vs. his potential asset value. Because he did basically rise into our "Best D Prospect" status, and playing him a 2nd year in the AHL where you might hope he could re-coup some prospect value would essentially be a no-brainer... vs. letting him go for nothing anyway. IF he re-coups that prospect value you can always put him into a deadline trade, for example, if you aren't all that high on him. Even if I wasn't convince that he has an NHL future, I'd be keeping him.

He'd basically have to be up against criminal charges or be a completely toxic cancer for me to just let him walk at this stage.
:dunno:
Just because they didn’t give him a QO, doesn’t mean they can’t sign him as a UFA to play in milwaukee.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I wonder if Farrance was actually held in as high regard by the team as he was by our fans and the media types. Four year college guys rarely seem to do much in the NHL and his last year in Milwaukee was pretty underwhelming numbers wise for a supposed offensive defenseman.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wonder if Farrance was actually held in as high regard by the team as he was by our fans and the media types. Four year college guys rarely seem to do much in the NHL and his last year in Milwaukee was pretty underwhelming numbers wise for a supposed offensive defenseman.
Well I think he was initially… which is what set our expectations… they signed him to that max ELC then played him those 2 games to burn a year… that’s kinda bending over backwards to accommodate a Top Prospect.

And he looked pretty good in those 2 games.

Obviously he struggled mightily last year though. Still a mystery.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Arbitrate with a Yak. Could be interesting. Seriously though, we should pay him a bit more. He has been important for us.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Wish the relationship between Trenin and the Preds seemed a bit smoother. They’ll settle this way. But seemed predictable it would go this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad