Confirmed with Link: Qualifying Offers

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Shocked we wouldn’t offer Farrance one. Lots of teams are pinching Pennies it seems
Color me shocked as well, didn't see that coming at all. I was worried he might get snagged up, young d-man who hasn't been given a chance in a deep system. Wonder if they soured on him, I'm not in MIL so I'm not sure how good or bad he's been this year but interesting to go from close to the roster to not getting a QO 365 days later

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I guess Farrance wasn’t quite the prospect most people thought he was.
Yeah some here were proposing trading Fabbro expecting Farrance to fill his spot....

Also probably means no one would give Poile anything for him.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Yeah some here were proposing trading Fabbro expecting Farrance to fill his spot....

Also probably means no one would give Poile anything for him.
Who was saying that? Interesting to hear. I suggested trading Fabbro before, who suggested Farrance filling his spot?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Who was saying that? Interesting to hear. I suggested trading Fabbro before, who suggested Farrance filling his spot?
Pretty sure you implied it. I mean who else was going to fill his spot? There is nothing but him in the minors which says something about him if he wasn't qualified.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The Farrance decision is baffling. It took him some time to get used to the college game before he really stood out. I'm not seeing why we wouldn't give him more time to develop in the AHL.

Reactions: weeze

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Might have been Carrier but there were suggestions we.could trade someone and replace then with farrance

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Might have been Carrier but there were suggestions we.could trade someone and replace then with farrance
I feel like your original read on this was correct, but it doesn't matter, kid's gone and it turns out we all don't really know squat about prospects (or probably NHL player evaluation) most of the time. :laugh:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The Farrance decision is baffling. It took him some time to get used to the college game before he really stood out. I'm not seeing why we wouldn't give him more time to develop in the AHL.
I wouldnt be surprised if, after we acquired McD, Farrance had his agent ask for a trade, and with no takers this is the endgame. He will probably find a spot on a league minimum two way deal with a team with more opportunity to move up

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I wouldnt be surprised if, after we acquired McD, Farrance had his agent ask for a trade, and with no takers this is the endgame. He will probably find a spot on a league minimum two way deal with a team with more opportunity to move up
Well with Josi, Ekholm, mcd, lauzon, boro, and arguably Davies (if we re-sign him) infront on him I guess he doesn’t have much hope for cracking the nhl with us

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I mean, they could also just want to get Farrance in at some number lower than his College Superstar max ELC, right?

Instead of $925k, we should sign him at $775k, and with a bigger minor league salary, maybe? If that happens today or tomorrow, that'd be understandable. If they have that channel of communication open.

If he actually does hit free agency on Wednesday, well, to me that would be a shocker. Granted, he was not impressive in Milwaukee at all. Very very disappointing season relative to our expectation level. But in his 2-game post-signing cameo I thought he looked quite poised. Hard to imagine the team would give up on him entirely on the basis of a difficult rookie pro season. No, I choose to believe they have something agreed on that simply is numerically different than the formal QO. :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
FWIW, I also thought Luff was very serviceable for us. I mean, not that I'd pencil him onto the big team roster like some people seem to be willing to do. But as a callup he was solid.

Sort of like Tennyson, though... good enough to be callups, not good enough to be on the regular roster. I don't see why you wouldn't qualify him for the same role, though. Unless they are doing the math and thinking there are already more than enough RWs slated for Milwaukee? :dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
FWIW, I also thought Luff was very serviceable for us. I mean, not that I'd pencil him onto the big team roster like some people seem to be willing to do. But as a callup he was solid.

Sort of like Tennyson, though... good enough to be callups, not good enough to be on the regular roster. I don't see why you wouldn't qualify him for the same role, though. Unless they are doing the math and thinking there are already more than enough RWs slated for Milwaukee? :dunno:
Yeah I don't know how many guys are coming over this year. Could just be a matter of roster spots and wanting to use them on guys that have more promise.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Well with Josi, Ekholm, mcd, lauzon, boro, and arguably Davies (if we re-sign him) infront on him I guess he doesn’t have much hope for cracking the nhl with us
Not with that attitude (if true) and being mediocre at the AHL level he doesn't.

Yeah I don't know how many guys are coming over this year. Could just be a matter of roster spots and wanting to use them on guys that have more promise.
Looking at the number of guys not receiving a QO, they may feel like there are better fits available.

Reactions: predwings

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Looking at the number of guys not receiving a QO, they may feel like there are better fits available.
Agree with this 100%, Poile alluded as much to this in his presser today. He stated they were going over scouting reports from Pro Scouts to look at some of the non-qualified people.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Farrance is a surprising one, but I think he and his agent saw that there's essentially no room for him in Nashville on the left-side for the next multiple years and decided to ask Poile to move on.

His rookie year in the AHL was a weak one after dominating the NCAA. I'm not convinced that he has an NHL future.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Farrance is a surprising one, but I think he and his agent saw that there's essentially no room for him in Nashville on the left-side for the next multiple years and decided to ask Poile to move on.

His rookie year in the AHL was a weak one after dominating the NCAA. I'm not convinced that he has an NHL future.
Probably so but you would think he would of tried trying to get something for him. Granted he may have tried already.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Probably so but you would think he would of tried trying to get something for him. Granted he may have tried already.

Yeah I think the base level assumption here should be that Poile will always try to get something for his assets. I would hope the same is true of any GM.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Milano's playmaking numbers are really good.

Look at that passes line

FXalXLjWIAAmoH0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad