Former Bruins Quaider officially retires

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Chara traded, McQuaid retired...

This getting older shit sucks ass lol.

Thanks for the memories and the Mullet (silent T) Quaider. They don’t make em like you anymore.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Let's not forget he had (has, actually) another big fan :)

79be0575dfe0e36ba882d1e75869bf5a.jpg

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Really nice guy off the ice. Had the privilege of having lots of chats with him on PEI. Wish him all the best in retirement. His pinch in Game 7 OT against Montreal in 2011 was crucial to the Horton goal that let us advance and the rest is history..

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
One of my all time favorite Bruins for the way he was always there for his teammates and the beating he put on Tom Wilson and his beat down on Torres and the way he challenged John Scott after scotts cheap shot.

Here's just three examples where McQuaid came to the defense of his teammates, something the Bruins have severely lacked since his departure.

McQuaid was a true warrior!

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Him beating the piss out of Raffi Torres for elbowing Ference is the singular moment of his that stands out the most to me.

Guy would do anything for his teammates. Without injuries he would have had an even better career than his already very good career. Hopefully they honor him at the garden sometime when the fans are back

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Quaider is a favorite of mine.

I always loved that "not so friendly" grin.

Adam was meant to be a Bruin. I would love to see him attend some B's games .

His friendship with the Fist Bump Kid (Liam) is a very sweet memory too.

Many of the B's knew he ALWAYS had their back. Best enforcer ever.

Best of everything to you Adam.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Quaider will always be remembered as one of the best tough guys in Bruins history. He certainly played that old time hockey -- didn't shy away from putting his body in the line of fire, always ready to back up his teammates, and would flip from mild mannered player to berserker in a flash.

Thinking back to the last Cup season for the Bs, man oh man did that D corps ever have some toughness to it. Hard to eff around with that group without seeing retribution -- Quaider, Boychuk, prime Chara, and Seids and Ference were no pushovers either. Then if the D didn't get at you, you had to deal with Looch, Thornton, and Marchy. I know some folks say the game has changed from then, and I suppose it has in some respects, but I would take that 2011 Cup winning team now and feel pretty confident against the likes of the Caps, Blues, and TB of recent years.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Thinking back to the last Cup season for the Bs, man oh man did that D corps ever have some toughness to it. Hard to eff around with that group without seeing retribution -- Quaider, Boychuk, prime Chara, and Seids and Ference were no pushovers either.

Came here to say that exact thing! What a D corps that was.

Congrats on your retirement Adam! Thanks for bringing us the Cup in 2011!
Always great to see a fellow P.E.I. native do well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad