Former Bruins Quaider officially retires

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thought this deserved its own thread. Quaider won the Cup with us and by his own admission will always be a Bruins fan.

He was one of my favorites and by all accounts a great guy. Thanks for the memories Quaider!

"He takes comfort knowing he came home from the rink every day after putting in his best effort. His name will be forever etched on the Stanley Cup, with the Boston Bruins in 2011, and said he'll always be a Bruins fan at heart

"Those Stanley Cup runs, the atmosphere, coming to the rink and that'll be something no matter what I do I'll never be able to replicate the energy and the intensity of those games and those moments and those experiences. I've got a smile on my face right now thinking about having got to experience those."

He has made millions of dollars along the way and now, at 34, he has finally come to terms with retirement.

"Certainly I have no regrets," he said.

"When I played my first game in the league I said, 'Well I can say I did, I played a game in the NHL.' Never did I imagine I would do that, let alone play over 500 games and get to play with some of the guys I got to play with."

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Thought this deserved its own thread. Quaider won the Cup with us and by his own admission will always be a Bruins fan.

He was one of my favorites and by all accounts a great guy. Thanks for the memories Quaider!

"He takes comfort knowing he came home from the rink every day after putting in his best effort. His name will be forever etched on the Stanley Cup, with the Boston Bruins in 2011, and said he'll always be a Bruins fan at heart

"Those Stanley Cup runs, the atmosphere, coming to the rink and that'll be something no matter what I do I'll never be able to replicate the energy and the intensity of those games and those moments and those experiences. I've got a smile on my face right now thinking about having got to experience those."

He has made millions of dollars along the way and now, at 34, he has finally come to terms with retirement.

"When I played my first game in the league I said, 'Well I can say I did, I played a game in the NHL.' Never did I imagine I would do that, let alone play over 500 games and get to play with some of the guys I got to play with."

Pure warrior!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Really underrated player around the league. I loved listening to him talk - so nice and soft spoken, but he was one of the toughest guys in the game and could take out anyone... all while smiling ear to ear.

Great guy and player for a long time, he has earned his retirement. Congrats!

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY

It definitely deserved its own thread. I can’t give this guy enough credit for what he brought to the team. Another integral piece of the 2011 Cup team. Adam, you are missed more than you know. Enjoy a well-deserved retirement.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Really underrated player around the league. I loved listening to him talk - so nice and soft spoken, but he was one of the toughest guys in the game and could take out anyone... all while smiling ear to ear.

Great guy and player for a long time, he has earned his retirement. Congrats!
The way he could flip the switch from nice guy to smiling maniac fascinated me lol

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe in his spare time he could drop by and show/tell some of the current Bruins a few things about clearing the crease :D
One of my all time favorites. A no bullshit kind of guy/player who you always want on your team going into the rough & tumble...
He would make an EXCELLENT coach. A lot of times star players don't make great coaches IMO because they can't translate how they see the ice, their vision of how things are going to unfold is unique. A guy like Quiader I'll bet could really get through to some young players in a lot of ways. Even if he were hired as a "battle consultant" (which they would never use the term) I think he's be a great asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad