QMJHL Top-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
ax²+bx+c said:
I kinda hope that the habs grab him in 8th or 9th round. Each time there's a small player being drafted, you hear the name of Martin St-Louis. In Charette's case, I think that he's actually skilled enough (raw skills) to have a high ceiling ala St-Louis. You never know, if the guy grows one inch and a half, puts 20 pounds of muscles and develops nicely, he could turn into a St-Louis (given that his explosiveness improves too, like it happened with St-Louis). Also, I think that the NHL will become a little bit more friendly to smaller players. There's a willingness to change the game, there's too much managers and players talking about possible changes, and being serious about it. I'm looking forward to see how they'll improve the game.

I don't think Charette has the build that St. Louis has though. St. Louis wouldn't succeed if he didn't have some of the strongest legs in the league. That's how a lot of small players survive is fantastic lower body strength. My worry with Charette is that he's not only small, but he can be thrown off the puck pretty easily. He's like Martin Menard (former Olympiques), very small, very skilled, but not enough else there.

I also find it funny to watch Charette because of how loose his skates are. He looks like he just slips them on and off they're so loose.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
St Louis is extremeley strong in the lower body. Plus for every St Louis there are many other smaller guys who never make it.

That's true... It's a lot of developement. You never know what you can get though. That's why I think he's worth the guess with a 9th round pick.

X-SHARKIE

La-La-Laprise.

What are your thoughts, and IYO NHL potential out of these Q players.

Steve Bernier
Josh Hennessy
Guillaume Latendresse
Marek Zagrapn
Alex Bourret

My top 10 would be.

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Marek Zagrapan
3. Alex Bourret
4. J.P. Levasseur
5. Luc Bourdon
6. Guillaume Latendresse
7. J.P. Paquet
8. Alexander Vincent
9. Slava Trukhno
10. Oscars Bartulis

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
La-La-Laprise.

What are your thoughts, and IYO NHL potential out of these Q players.

Steve Bernier
Josh Hennessy
Guillaume Latendresse
Marek Zagrapn
Alex Bourret

My top 10 would be.

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Marek Zagrapan
3. Alex Bourret
4. J.P. Levasseur
5. Luc Bourdon
6. Guillaume Latendresse
7. J.P. Paquet
8. Alexander Vincent
9. Slava Trukhno
10. Oscars Bartulis

Bernier i see as a 60 point NHLer. Probably not an all-star every year but i see him as a VERY good 2nd liner on a good team, or a Good 1st liner on a bad team.

Hennesey isnt a safe prospect. Big reward, big risk. He has speed to burn and great skills. I think you will see him and Bernier on SJ's 2nd line in 3-4 years.

Latendresse has fallen out of favour with some people but i still have faith in him. He is very skilled for such a big guy, his footspeed and agility suck though. But that can be fixed.

Zagrapan is a real slick player. I see him having 2nd line center upside. He uses his speed well and isnt afriad to get hit. He should become a household name after the world juniors.

Alex Bourret i see as a very good NHLer. I can see him playing on any of the 4 forward lines. He provides offense, energy and grit.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Bernier i see as a 60 point NHLer. Probably not an all-star every year but i see him as a VERY good 2nd liner on a good team, or a Good 1st liner on a bad team.

Hennesey isnt a safe prospect. Big reward, big risk. He has speed to burn and great skills. I think you will see him and Bernier on SJ's 2nd line in 3-4 years.

Latendresse has fallen out of favour with some people but i still have faith in him. He is very skilled for such a big guy, his footspeed and agility suck though. But that can be fixed.

Zagrapan is a real slick player. I see him having 2nd line center upside. He uses his speed well and isnt afriad to get hit. He should become a household name after the world juniors.

Alex Bourret i see as a very good NHLer. I can see him playing on any of the 4 forward lines. He provides offense, energy and grit.

I'm going to disagree on Hennessy. I could see him adapting his game a bit, and playing a similar style to Steve Reinprecht. I'm not sure Hennessy's going to be a huge scorer, more 45-50 points or so, but I think with his speed and hockey sense, he could be an effective PK guy as well. That's just the impression I get from him.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
I dont think Paquet is as skilled, or as big as Bourdon. He may have more hockey sense but Bourdon is still a smart player.

Are you talking about Dannik Bouchard?? His draft year was last year, he is an 86. Plus is small. I dont think he will be drafted.
Maybe he wont be drafted but he will become a very good Q player next year.
As for Paquet, he is not as tall as Bourdon but he looks heavy, i mean we can see he have a very good upper body strenght.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad