World Cup: QF: Sweden vs. England, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Thats harsh. Emil is quality and Berg is not terrible

I don't think it's harsh in a World Cup quarterfinal, if this was a qualification fixture it would be alright. But watching them try secure a relatively honorable loss here maybe with a lucky consolation goal is like watching paint dry.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
so it's not offside if the actual goalscorer plays the ball and is onside, even if maybe a player or two on his team are offisde?

OK I see it's been asked and answered earlier.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Is it only offside for the one who gets the ball? I figured if anyone was behind the defense its offside.

You need to be deemed interfering with play to be offside.

The rule is a bit daft, because someone standing bang in the middle of the goalmouth when a cross comes in should be offside.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Is it only offside for the one who gets the ball? I figured if anyone was behind the defense its offside.
Typically yes. Unless a player in the offside somehow affects the play even though he doesn’t touch the ball.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice 2nd goal for England but Pickford has already had to go full hero twice to keep the swedes out, this next goal should be very interesting...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think it's harsh in a World Cup quarterfinal, if this was a qualification fixture it would be alright. But watching them try secure a relatively honorable loss here maybe with a lucky consolation goal is like watching paint dry.

I mean whether it is qualifications or quarter final; Emil is still a quality player with lots of talent :p

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Loving it, especially because the England haters were so sure Sweden would dominate.
Agreed. They were underestimated in this WC. Ever since I moved to London in 74, I've been a fan of England and since I lived in this area, one of the poorest EPL teams in 74, Chelsea. Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man Utd were the favorites back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad