WJC: QF Pre-Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
No matter what happens with Finland today, I gotta say I have enjoyed this team. Usually Finland plays very defensive and never looks dominant. This tournament the team has occasionally looked amazing, followed by awful stretches. It has been exciting. I just hope the players are not all pooping and puking all over tonight.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Looks like I'm in minority thinking Canada will beat Finland

They've not been great so far but they will elevate their game like always come playoffs. Had a much tougher group than Finland anyway.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
I'm sure soccer/football games that have 20,000+ people are even more intense, but so far, I like what I see from the crowds.

Hartwall Arena has a larger capacity than Sonera Stadium. It's not about that. The reason soccer games have better atmosphere is that the culture and the way of supporting your team is completely different. It's way more organized and versatile, which makes it more impressive. You're not going to see anything like this in a Finland hockey game in Hartwall Arena:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHTqSctPCb8

That video is from Stockholm, but you get the idea. There are no people slapping pieces of cardboard together like there will be at Hartwall Arena today.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
What's so great about Finland? They were in a group with lousy competition and got lit up by the only good team they played.

Macman

May 15, 2004
I can't see Canada winning. This team has no chemistry and the coaches seem incapable of creating any. On top of that, they'll be playing on bigger ice for the first time with no time to adjust.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
I really wanna see-in game!! Go Finland

// From Ruotsi with love ;)

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
What's so great about Finland? They were in a group with lousy competition and got lit up by the only good team they played.

Probably because of their dynamic high octane offense. Very entertaining team.

You talk like you havnt seen a single game, both slovakia and czech republic are good teams

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Anyone know where I can watch the Belarus-Swiss game? Not on NHL Network.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Geez that's a rough assessment. It's not like they couldn't beat Switzerland in regulation and lost two other games. Then I would understand.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Should be a couple of entertaining QF games today. Russia should dispatch the Danes rather quickly and the Finns will do the same to Team Canada. I suspect it won't take long, 6 minutes into the 1st. for Finland to build a 3-0 lead and they'll put it into cruise control from there.

The other 2 games should be highly contested and entertaining matchups.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I wonder what team Canada's height & weight averages are? I'm pretty sure Finland is at least taller, something like 187cm average if I remember right.

So team Finland, just bulldoze the Canadians and own the physical game and win ;).

I suspect it won't take long, 6 minutes into the 1st. for Finland to build a 3-0 lead and they'll put it into cruise control from there.

Maybe if your team gives us 2 early power plays it is possible.

Let me tell you something though. It's never good for Finland to get early big lead cause that means they choke. I rather have 1 goal come from behind win for Finland.

Davebo*

Maybe, but Canada is the underdog this game, for sure. Even the Finnish players have stated this

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
First morning ive been able to watch the entire set of games. 5am beers lets do this!! God I love thid tourney.

Praying for Canada, they'll need it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad