In your head
ITT no one knows how waivers works

We could have put in a claim but we certainly haven't claimed anyone

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
For those of you chirping this signing

think about when this happened

even if he just went out there for 2 minutes and beat the living **** out of someone it would have at least brought a little satisfaction to my heart

this clip should be shown to the Leafs every time they are about to play the Bruins

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
i think we all realize we never really replaced paul higgins

maybe things are looking up now?

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
If he is in fact in the Leafs organization now I think it's a solid move. Probably the best fighter in the game, and will likely only dress against teams like Boston, and the more physical teams.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I expect he's a depth signing for the Marlies... not a Leafs player. How can he be? We have no room for players like Komarov, Frattin, Kadri and a guy like Macintyre will crack the lineup?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What does MacIntyre offer that Orr does not?

Nothing. But it looks like Orr will begin on the Leafs, while MacIntyre will likely be the goon on the Marlies. However how AWESOME would this look?

Komarov - McClement - Brown
MacIntyre - Steckel - Orr

:sarcasm:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I expect he's a depth signing for the Marlies... not a Leafs player. How can he be? We have no room for players like Komarov, Frattin, Kadri and a guy like Macintyre will crack the lineup?

He'll likely be the 13th forward and play a role similar to that of Rosehill last season.

lampshade*

Excellent when we're mathematically eliminated with 18 games remaing we can dress Mac-Rosehill-Orr.My god the damage would be incredible.

Morlesio14*

Yes he's extremely useless and the marlies don't have many guys other than Fraser who can drop the gloves. So he's most likely a marlie.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Don't forget Montreal needs to be punished.

For intentionally injuring our guys as well.Most likely he is to cover for the Fraser call up but will be good against teams like Boston and Montreal who act with impunity.Hello Mr Carey.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
He's a nuclear deterrent and should dress in less than 15 games this year. A feel good story as he didn't make the NHL until he was 28 years old, you just have to admire a guy chasing the dream like that. I certainly wouldn't want to mess with him as he knows his role and does whatever it takes to defend his teammates.

This was my favorite fight when he first made the Oilers club:

You'll notice at the 31 second mark of the video that he seamlessly changes his pummeling of Vandermeer from lefts to rights like a jedi master. In other fights, he had no qualms about going to the body if his opponent had his face covered.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Excellent when we're mathematically eliminated with 18 games remaing we can dress Mac-Rosehill-Orr.My god the damage would be incredible.

We don't have Rosehill anymore.

I think a MacIntyre-Komarov-Orr line would be awesome if we're out of the hunt. Have Komarov piss off everyone on the ice, then Orr and MacIntyre can take care of anyone that has a problem with it :laugh:

Also, I recall a couple years ago when we were playing Edmonton that Orr wanted nothing to do with MacIntyre, then proceeded to pummel Stortini. I think that speaks volumes about how terrifying MacIntyre is. Dudes like John Scott big.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
Useless,
guys like this have no role.

You think Lucic is gonna fight him?
What's he gonna do, skate on the ice for 5 mins chasing him around yapping? He's gonna get scored on by Lucic before Lucic drops the gloves with him.

He's gonna go on the ice, no one's gonna dance with him, and in the mean time big guys that can play are gonna be checking Kessel but into his brain on the boards.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Useless,

What's he gonna do, skate on the ice for 5 mins chasing him around yapping? He's gonna get scored on by Lucic before Lucic drops the gloves with him.

He's gonna go on the ice, no one's gonna dance with him, and in the mean time big guys that can play are gonna be checking Kessel but into his brain on the boards.

He'll have a role on the Marlies.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

This wasn't happening before any claim for Macintyre, so why would it happen afterwards?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
MacIntyre is a terrible player and you'd think he'd be a good fighter but no-one offered to fight him last season so he was wasted really. Glad we've got rid of him.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Useless,

What's he gonna do, skate on the ice for 5 mins chasing him around yapping? ...

No you run a short bench and put him on every once in awhile against the other teams 4th line and he pesters the non-tough guy. Then the tough guy comes over and gets a penalty or they both do. This ain't rocket science.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
MacIntyre is a terrible player and you'd think he'd be a good fighter but no-one offered to fight him last season so he was wasted really. Glad we've got rid of him.

One fight against Lucic or Marchand and this acquisition will be totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig