Rumor: Q: We've claimed Steve Macintyre? A: No - Enforcer thread v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlesio14*

Well we've apparently claimed Steven Macintyre off waivers. We could use this guy against teams like Boston, Philly and Ottawa. He could be in the press box or in the A for a good amount of time though. A depth signing to sum it up. He also brings some toughness.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Well we've apparently claimed Steven Macintyre off waivers. We could use this guy against teams like Boston, Philly and Ottawa. He could be in the press box or in the A for a good amount of time though. A depth signing to sum it up. He also brings some toughness.

Ok need some 411 on the guy: What position does he play? What does he bring to the table? What type of contract was it?

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I saw this over on the trade board. Not sure how true this is, but if so added toughness never hurts.

We are a little crowded up front, so I really hope Nonis has a plan to clear the log jam up front. I'd really like to see Komarov, Kadri and Frattin on this team.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I saw this over on the trade board. Not sure how true this is, but if so added toughness never hurts.

We are a little crowded up front, so I really hope Nonis has a plan to clear the log jam up front. I'd really like to see Komarov, Kadri and Frattin on this team.

Its simple the following players need to go which include Connolly, Lombardi, Steckel (to a lesser extent) need to go because they either bring nothing to the team or what they do bring can easily be replaced.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Just play him in the games against Boston, and it's money well spent. Hate seeing Lucic's "tough guy" snarly look whenever he plays teams without a heavyweight. Macintyre would make him so nervous that Lucic would look like he was smiling. But seriously, anyone remember Laraque scaring the bejesus out of Lucic up and down the ice? Well Macintyre is just as scary, maybe even more, than Laraque was at that time.

If Laraque wasn't on Montreal's roster, Lucic wouldn't turned around swinging. Instead he turned around almost to say, "aww common Mr.Laraque, he dove, I didn't even touch him."

It's funny how fast both Chara and Lucic turn into mice, when a imposing player is on the opposite team.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Just play him in the games against Boston, and it's money well spent. Hate seeing Lucic's "tough guy" snarly look whenever he plays teams without a heavyweight. Macintyre would make him so nervous that Lucic would look like he was smiling. But seriously, anyone remember Laraque scaring the bejesus out of Lucic up and down the ice? Well Macintyre is just as scary, maybe even more, than Laraque was at that time.

If Laraque wasn't on Montreal's roster, Lucic wouldn't turned around swinging. Instead he turned around almost to say, "aww common Mr.Laraque, he dove, I didn't even touch him."

It's funny how fast both Chara and Lucic turn into mice, when a imposing player is on the opposite team.

Why the **** would the Bruins want Lucic and Chara to fight the 2 min a night slugs of this league ?

The 2 min a night enforcer doesn't scare anyone and the reason is that they're never on the ****ing ice .

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Not sure how this is possible??

Perhaps Leafs acquired Steven Macintyre (if they did) by some means other than waivers, because a quick google search shows

On January 11, 2012, the Pittsburgh Penguins placed Steve MacIntyre on waivers, and he was sent down to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins after he cleared waivers on January 12, 2012.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Well this team was the softest in the NHL last year, partly due to Ron Wilson's philosophy. Randy Carlyle does like and use his toughguys. After seeing this team humiliated against the Bruins last year, and how useless the 4th line was, why not?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Why the **** would the Bruins want Lucic and Chara to fight the 2 min a night slugs of this league ?

The 2 min a night enforcer doesn't scare anyone and the reason is that they're never on the ****ing ice .

They don't have too, just so long as they don't start taking liberties. Case in point:

It's the Code, much like when Kabs was hit by Janssen and Janssen took on Belak.. etc etc, if Lucic tries to pull these shenanigans, he'll have to take on Big Mac.

But as Mess pointed out maybe we're getting ahead of ourself, regardless, I still hope we get ourselves a legit heavyweight. Brown really doesn't scare anyone.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
They don't have too, just so long as they don't start taking liberties. Case in point:

It's the Code, much like when Kabs was hit by Janssen and Janssen took on Belak.. etc etc, if Lucic tries to pull these shenanigans, he'll have to take on Big Mac.

But as Mess pointed out maybe we're getting ahead of ourself, regardless, I still hope we get ourselves a legit heavyweight. Brown really doesn't scare anyone.

Brown though willing wouldn't scare my cat. We may not win many games this year, but we won't be totally humiliated either, one hopes if Mac and Orr are standing by.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

We dressed both Orr and Rosehill against last year against them and they still took liberties . The days of the 2 min a night enforcer are over .

This team needs toughness that can actually play , we don't need enforcers that sit on the bench all game and then get thrown onto the ice to take a needless penalty .

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
We dressed both Orr and Rosehill against last year against them and they still took liberties . The days of the 2 min a night enforcer are over .

This team needs toughness that can actually play , we don't need enforcers that sit on the bench all game and then get thrown onto the ice to take a needless penalty .

True, but that is where Carlyle and Wilson differ, Wilson doesn't make tough hockey players feel good about themselves, he underuses them and marginalizes them. Caryle likes tough teams, he should make better use of them.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
Carlyle is known to shorten his bench and use 3 lines when things get tough. He also mixes and matches far more than Ronny ever did. There is space for a tough guy on a 3 line team with spare parts. In particular there is space for a tough guy in the press box whenever we don't need him.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
True, but that is where Carlyle and Wilson differ, Wilson doesn't make tough hockey players feel good about themselves, he underuses them and marginalizes them. Caryle likes tough teams, he should make better use of them.

The Shawn Thornton types that can bang/crash put up a few points while still being able to keep the other team honest are very useful but the Orr types just kill you if they play them more than a couple a mins a game .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig