HF Habs: PWHL Montreal

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Canadian women are legitimately good hockey players, compared to the soccer women you see around the world, the canadian women take the sport seriously and play hard, there's a good long lasting culture and some of them even play with guys in the minors.

Said that, not a soul is going to watch it.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Add in fighting and no penalties and we have ourselves some entertainment! They actually deserve more realistically though

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Canadian women are legitimately good hockey players, compared to the soccer women you see around the world, the canadian women take the sport seriously and play hard, there's a good long lasting culture and some of them even play with guys in the minors.

Said that, not a soul is going to watch it.
The same womens soccer players that won gold at the last olympics orrrrr

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
The same womens soccer players that won gold at the last olympics orrrrr

and? soccer women only play with women from early age, that same team got destroyed by 15 years old kids and not to mention they're led by sociopaths/narcissist/self centered/paid shills to push political agendas that are meant to divide the western world.

Those 2 groups have nothing in common

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
It's really unfortunate that a North American Women's Hockey League cannot establish itself amongst the other women's sports leagues like the WNBA. Every now and then, a new league emerges. I just don't believe the demographics play in favour. Hopefully, the new model works.

Reactions: Roadhog

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
and? soccer women only play with women from early age, that same team got destroyed by 15 years old kids and not to mention they're led by sociopaths/narcissist/self centered/paid shills to push political agendas that are meant to divide the western world.

Those 2 groups have nothing in common
Was just weird you went after a Canadian group of women that recently won us gold. When Canada's women soccer players are probably the next best group of athletes Canada has. Odd shot to fire off

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Was just weird you went after a Canadian group of women that recently won us gold. When Canada's women soccer players are probably the next best group of athletes Canada has. Odd shot to fire off
what ? i dint go after no one, i just said the canadian women hockey players are good players. For soccer i was talking in general, i think i dint dint phrase it properly.

I had the US team in mind actually and us soccer players in general

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
what ? i dint go after no one, i just said the canadian women hockey players are good players. For soccer i was talking in general, i think i dint dint phrase it properly.

I had the US team in mind actually and us soccer players in general
I could have even read it wrong. Tone means alot, and thats hard to get from reading. It seemed like you were saying women hockey players in Canada are actually good compared to our soccer players. But I can see if there was confusion there. Seemed weird if you read it the way I did is all

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I could have even read it wrong. Tone means alot, and thats hard to get from reading. It seemed like you were saying women hockey players in Canada are actually good compared to our soccer players. But I can see if there was confusion there. Seemed weird if you read it the way I did is all
no its my fault, i din't express my thought properly

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It's really unfortunate that a North American Women's Hockey League cannot establish itself amongst the other women's sports leagues like the WNBA. Every now and then, a new league emerges. I just don't believe the demographics play in favour. Hopefully, the new model works.
The NBA keeps the WNBA alive. NBA got more money to play with. The WNBA loses 10 million a year.

Reactions: StCaufield

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
no its my fault, i din't express my thought properly
No ones fault at this point, im passed it. I am excited to see which players go where though. You are right about no one really tuning in, unfortunately. But If some solid teams get made I definitely will want to keep up with the league. Seeing a best on best womens league with only 6 teams I think would be a great first step.

Poulin on one team, Knight on another (hopefully direct competition), and then some solid spread out would be a fun thing, and hopefully a step forward for the women.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
The free agency period allows teams up to sign 3 players each and then the rest will be drafted on Sep 18. The draft lottery will be announced tomorrow.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I have 0 interest in women hockey and I feel most people claiming otherwise are juste virtue signaling.

My sisters who are HUGE hockey fans and sports enthusiast will tell me how good it is for women and women sports… and will end up watching 0 game and buying 0 ticket, all while barely missing any Habs game. This tells me all I need to know about the future popularity of the league.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I have 0 interest in women hockey and I feel most people claiming otherwise are juste virtue signaling.

My sisters who are HUGE hockey fans and sports enthusiast will tell me how good it is for women and women sports… and will end up watching 0 game and buying 0 ticket, all while barely missing any Habs game. This tells me all I need to know about the future popularity of the league.

You and your sisters have every right not to watch and not to buy any tickets. But don't assume you're the barometer on if this league will be successful or not, especially months before they even start their inagaugural season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad