Line Combos: Put Pastrnak with Hall. Enough with the 1 line team!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Brayden Point is 5’10 183 pounds. He’s not a power forward. Him going to the front of the net is no different than when Marchand does. He’s not a net front presence.

Disagree. He will dive on the ice for tap ins. He can get these difficult tap ins better than most PFs

This is a form of front net presence.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Well you are spot on with the Joyce/DeBrusk comparison.
Joyce played a less than a 160 games and was out of the NHL. JDB is following right along and will be out of the NHL soon as well

Really?

I see him potentially not a Bruin. Out of the league altogether…not so much.

and the comparison to Joyce… I wasn’t making player to player comparison like you were but since it’s been raised…I think your take is off. Jake’s already played 80+ games more than Joyce, he’s a former 1st rounder that someone would likely take a chance on ( unlike Joyce who was a fourth round pick). Brett Connelly comes to mind when I think former early picks who keep getting a chance. I still think Jake has a better career than him.

As much as he frustrates me at times, I don’t see him imminently out of the nhl.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Disagree. He will dive on the ice for tap ins. He can get these difficult tap ins better than most PFs

This is a form of front net presence.

Again tho this is no different than what Marchand does and the original topic of conversation was having a net front guy. Meaning a guy who is designated to stand in front of the net, which is what I was originally responding to in someone’s else’s post when they said we need a “net front guy most likely foligno”.

So if you want to split hairs on what a net front guy is. pertaining to the conversation that was going on, Brayden Points style of play on the power play is way more similar to Brad Marchand than it is folignos style of play. So back to the original point. A “net front guy” isn’t needed and Brayden point isn’t a net front guy no matter how much you want to say he is.

Last edited:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Well you are spot on with the Joyce/DeBrusk comparison.
Joyce played a less than a 160 games and was out of the NHL. JDB is following right along and will be out of the NHL soon as well
Debrusk will leave here and turn into Riley Smith

Reactions: SpitfireIX

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I would play Jake with Foligno on the right and Haula in the middle on the 3rd line.

I think Foligno can get Jake focused and do the dirty work digging the puck out to him.

Foligno could be to him what Bergy was to Pasta, a veteran voice and an example to copy

This would be a mentoring year to bring him back

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I would play Jake with Foligno on the right and Haula in the middle on the 3rd line.

I think Foligno can get Jake focused and do the dirty work digging the puck out to him.

Foligno could be to him what Bergy was to Pasta, a veteran voice and an example to copy

This would be a mentoring year to bring him back

or maybe nick can do what he did to Perry in the playoffs, MAKE Jake fight him.

Soft shift? Nick punches Jake in the face.

Lack of board battle, coasting, brain fart? See above.

Reactions: HustleB

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't use McAvoy on the PP. Save his minutes for even strength and PK. Reilly is the most efficient at hitting the net from the point of our d-men, I use him and Gryz as PP QBs.

I want to be open to McAvoy being on PP1, at least. He is one of the elite D-men in the league. I think he is ready for the BUMP in minutes. No need to take away from the minutes he is playing. Just give him a few more on the PP if that is what makes the team better.

Reactions: PlayMakers

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
PK Forwards 1: Bergeron - Marchand
PK Forwards 2:
PK Forwards 3:

PK Defense 1: Forbort - Carlo
PK Defense 2:

The forwards... whatever... they will figure it out with what they have.

The defense though.

Carlo, Forbort, McAvoy is three PKers. Don't see a PKer in Gryz, Rielly or Clifton I am excited about. Nevermind when one of them is in the box. We have been spoiled by a great PK group since Chara/Julien get started here. And it even continued post Chara last season.

No Lauzon and no Miller hurts on the PK and a bad PK is the kind of thing that can lose you a series. Heck, Carlo going down and the PK falling apart is what cost the Bruins the end of the Islanders series.

I like our D at 5 on 5.

The PK worries me more than #2C.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
IMO, Foligno has to be the next man up on the PK. He's very good and he was used liberally by Columbus. Coyle got the most PK TOI of the forwards coming back, more than Bergeron and Marchand. Then maybe Haula because he's a FO ace...

PK Forwards 2: Coyle - Foligno
PK Forwards 3: Haula - ?

On D, they used Lauzon on both kills, maybe they'll do the same with Forbort?

PK Defense 2: Forbort - McAvoy

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
IMO, Foligno has to be the next man up on the PK. He's very good and he was used liberally by Columbus. Coyle got the most PK TOI of the forwards coming back, more than Bergeron and Marchand. Then maybe Haula because he's a FO ace...

What about Nosek, not sure if he got much PK in Vegas but he seems to have the skillset for it

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
NET
Foligno
Pasta Bergeron Marchand
McAvoy

NET
Coyle
Pasta Smith Hall
Grzelcyk​

Foligno averaged over two minutes of power play minutes per game last year and had one power play goal. I hope to god they keep him off the top power play unit.

Reactions: UConn126

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
PK Forwards 2:
PK Forwards 3:

PK Defense 2:

PK Forwards 2: Foligno - Lazar
PK Forwards 3: Coyle - Debrusk

PK Defense 2: Clifton - McAvoy

Reactions: Lobster57

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The forwards... whatever... they will figure it out with what they have.

The defense though.

Carlo, Forbort, McAvoy is three PKers. Don't see a PKer in Gryz, Rielly or Clifton I am excited about. Nevermind when one of them is in the box. We have been spoiled by a great PK group since Chara/Julien get started here. And it even continued post Chara last season.

No Lauzon and no Miller hurts on the PK and a bad PK is the kind of thing that can lose you a series. Heck, Carlo going down and the PK falling apart is what cost the Bruins the end of the Islanders series.

I like our D at 5 on 5.

The PK worries me more than #2C.

Reilly averaged 1:36 PK minutes per game for the bruins last year so I imagine he will be the guy.

Reactions: wintersej

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What about Nosek, not sure if he got much PK in Vegas but he seems to have the skillset for it

Definitely an option. Played 1:21 PK minutes per game last year. Nosek, foligno and haula all played over a minute of PK time per game last year. Combine that with marchand/bergy/Coyle/lazar and the bruins probably have a surplus of forwards to fill out the PK

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
With the players currently on the roster, this is what I would like to see to start, with a lot of room to tinker and move parts around when injury and/or poor play happen.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Stud -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Haula -- Coyle

Frederic -- Nosek -- Foligno

Lazar, Wagner as the extras.

Gryz -- McAvoy

Reilly -- Carlo

Forbot -- Clifton

Zboril and Lyle as the extras. Forbot and Gryz switching in certain situations.

PP1

Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta, DeBrusk, Reilly

PP2

Hall, Coyle, Smith, Foligno, McAvoy

PK1

Marchand, Bergeron, Forbot, Carlo

PK2

Nosek, Haula, Forbot, Clifton

PK3

Foligno, Coyle, Reilly, Carlo

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
With the players currently on the roster, this is what I would like to see to start, with a lot of room to tinker and move parts around when injury and/or poor play happen.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Stud -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Haula -- Coyle

Frederic -- Nosek -- Foligno

Lazar, Wagner as the extras.

Gryz -- McAvoy

Reilly -- Carlo

Forbot -- Clifton

Zboril and Lyle as the extras. Forbot and Gryz switching in certain situations.

PP1

Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta, DeBrusk, Reilly

PP2

Hall, Coyle, Smith, Foligno, McAvoy

PK1

Marchand, Bergeron, Forbot, Carlo

PK2

Nosek, Haula, Forbot, Clifton

PK3

Foligno, Coyle, Reilly, Carlo

I'm down with this however thinking Senyshyn/other pushes Frederick out and one of the young D/Moore will make it challenging for Clifton to stay in the line up.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

Besides bergy and Marchand I would like to see them go back to utilizing some of the 3rd and 4th liners for the PK. Nosek, Lazar, Frederick, Wagner, should all be able to PK.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
i want to see a lot of JDB on the PK in the pre-season. MAKE him grind, move his feet and hustle. If he can't or won't...

plus he has the tools to be a decent PKer
He looked good on the PK last year with Stud. I liked that concept, allowed them to build some chemistry defending. I'd reunite that pair if they're both on the starting roster day 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad