Line Combos: Put Pastrnak with Hall. Enough with the 1 line team!

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Last Season ended with Gryz finally being removed from the PP as he wasn’t a scoring threat.
But he was injured so many times last season sire... this season, I think he will be banking that thang, hard.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Bunch of skill for sure, but you need a net front guy. Foligno most likely.
I is thinking Hall and Marchand will play that in different variations as the game moves from side to side sire. Marchand is a small guy, but he knows what to do. Hall too, he aaight.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
My take on the PP:

Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
Pasta-Reilly

Hall-Coyle-Smith
Pasta-McAvoy

They've double shifted Pasta before, I see it happening again. I think they give Jake the net front role he used to occupy, and be decent at, to build his confidence. Reilly seemed like the most pure, PP d-man, and has the best slapper of the group, earning him PP1 slot. Left off Gryz, as there wasn't room. He's decent offensively, but he's never struck me as a must-play PP weapon.

edit: breaking the standard line template for more of what itll actually look like:

Debrusk
Pasta-Bergy-Marchand
Reilly

Coyle
Pasta-Smith-Hall
McAvoy

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Imo with the lost of Krejci, I think they will have to split the perfect line to give them more depth.

Marchand-Bergeron-Coyle

Hall-Foligno-Pastrnak

Debrusk-Haula-Smith

Nosek-Studnicka-Lazar

Grzelcyk-Mcavoy

Reilly-Carlo

Forbort-Clifton

Ullmark

Swayman
Sure Bruce will split them up for a period or two here and there… but you know he is going back to them whenever he needs too or it matters. Hurts to lose Krejci but I feel way better about our forward depth. If I had a choice of adding a legit 2C or a legit 2D I take the latter.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
My hope at this point would be that Studnicka wins the 2nd line C spot. I think that Hall might be able to elevate Stud's game and maybe get him a couple secondary assists to boost his confidence. Studnicka has speed to match Hall's, it would be a different look than DK's puck possession game (man are we going to miss DK). My positive thinking lines:

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Hall Studnicka Smith
Debrusk Coyle Foligno
Lazar Frederic Haula

Gryz McCavoy
Forbort Carlo
Clifton (Off-side) Lyle

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bunch of skill for sure, but you need a net front guy. Foligno most likely.

Why do they need a front of net guy? Before Ritchie last year the top power play unit didn’t have a front of net guy for 4 years and was among the best in the best in the league.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Why do they need a front of net guy? Before Ritchie last year the top power play unit didn’t have a front of net guy for 4 years and was among the best in the best in the league.
because crashing the net matters in the playoffs

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I wonder if Vaak gets a real good look this year. Cassidy had some real positive comments in camp last year about him. Is he ok playing the right side. If Forbort ends up being able to hang with McAvoy I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this.

Forbort-McAvoy
Reilly-Carlo
Gryz-Vaak

I think Gryz and Vaak could potentially be a really solid 3rd pair.

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
My hope at this point would be that Studnicka wins the 2nd line C spot. I think that Hall might be able to elevate Stud's game and maybe get him a couple secondary assists to boost his confidence. Studnicka has speed to match Hall's, it would be a different look than DK's puck possession game (man are we going to miss DK). My positive thinking lines:

Hall Studnicka Smith
Debrusk Coyle Foligno
Lazar Frederic Haula

Gryz McCavoy
Forbort Carlo
Clifton (Off-side) Lyle
This lineup looks good to me. How about Nosek? :huh:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
DeBrusk & Coyle have no chemistry.

Those who have Haula on line 4 are way off. He’s top 9 for sure. Could end up being the best pickup in free agency.

Studnicka not ready for 2C.

Foligno playing the Recchi role on Bergeron’s RW intrigues me. Also slides Pastrnak down with Hall
I agree about Haula. Also want nothing to do with a Coyle/DeBrusk combination.

I wonder why Foligno on top line RW though? Smith has already seen time there and they all looked great together. It's an easy change to attempt two high-power scoring lines

Reactions: Oates2Neely

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if Vaak gets a real good look this year. Cassidy had some real positive comments in camp last year about him. Is he ok playing the right side. If Forbort ends up being able to hang with McAvoy I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this.

Forbort-McAvoy
Reilly-Carlo
Gryz-Vaak

Possible. I think Vaak is waiver eligible, as is zboril. So they will look closely at both. I think Zboril has the edge as he is pretty experienced on both sides, and played ok last year.

The frustration with Vaak is the lack of consistency, especially consistent effort from him. So maybe he looks good for a few camp days. Does that really bring confidence in him.

And all this just jumps people over Clifford who has shown he can play, and shown he can play at a good level in postseason games

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

Hall Studnicka Smith
Debrusk Coyle Foligno
Lazar Frederic Haula

Gryz McCavoy
Forbort Carlo
Clifton (Off-side) Lyle

maybe we see a little Janney-Joyce magic with Stud and Louie’s kid.

exposing my age.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I agree about Haula. Also want nothing to do with a Coyle/DeBrusk combination.

I wonder why Foligno on top line RW though? Smith has already seen time there and they all looked great together. It's an easy change to attempt two high-power scoring lines
I really liked how Recchi looked on the RW with 63 and 37. If Foligno could play a similar role there it allows Pastrnak to skate with Hall on line 2. Smith then slots down to line 3 helping bring offense to that line.

I agree Smith looked good in small doses on top line. He fits there seamlessly

Last edited:
Reactions: Knox Harrington

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I doubt Cassidy starts Stud at 2nd line center. I doubt that Cassidy will have him in the line-up at all at the beginning of the year. Bruins center group is set with Bergeron-Coyle-Haula-lazar- and potentially Frederick.

I would guess that’s Coyles job to lose.

Stud probably squeaks in the 4th or 3rd line if Debrusk cant do the job

I dont think its a shoe in that Frederic or Lazar start on the 4th line

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Interesting because Tampa’s power play didn’t feature a big net front presence. It featured a lot of cycling and cross ice passing and they’ve faired very well the past few years in the playoffs.

Point

He is good as a big PF in front of the net. Works for their team I guess

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Forbort-McAvoy
Reilly-Carlo
Gryz-Vaak

Poor zboril I feel bad for him will he ever play mind as well ask for a trade. This is wrong to keep him like this.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
PP will be

Hall Bergeron Marchand
Pasta McAvoy

Smith Coyle Debrusk
Reilly - Gryz
I plant Foligno in front of the net on PP 2, net front presence is so important unless your an uber skilled team like the Bolts who simply move the puck around so fast the goalies never have a chance which this Bruins team doesn`t have/do

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Point

He is good as a big PF in front of the net. Works for their team I guess

Brayden Point is 5’10 183 pounds. He’s not a power forward. Him going to the front of the net is no different than when Marchand does. He’s not a net front presence.

Reactions: wintersej

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Interesting because Tampa’s power play didn’t feature a big net front presence. It featured a lot of cycling and cross ice passing and they’ve faired very well the past few years in the playoffs.

Tampa's PP does feature a big net front presence: Killorn.

NET
Killorn
Stamkos Point Kuch
Hedman​

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad