Pursue Kessel?

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
He looks like decided it would be funnier to be a hockey-playing fatass, like Mac on It's Always Sunny. We used to make fun of Mike York and his nachos. Kessel looks like he ate York's nachos and then York himself.

Q: How fast can the Millennium Falcon make the Kessel Run?

A: Trick question. There is no way to make a Kessel run.

230px-Phil_Kessel_smiles_for_the_crowd_Toronto_Ontario_2010.jpg

silver surfer

Aug 16, 2006
Calgary
Not a fan of Kessel at all. Decent player, but no leadership qualities and, as mentioned, questionable consistency. Wouldn't be worth what we'd likely have have to pay.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
He looks like decided it would be funnier to be a hockey-playing fatass, like Mac on It's Always Sunny. We used to make fun of Mike York and his nachos. Kessel looks like he ate York's nachos and then York himself.

Q: How fast can the Millennium Falcon make the Kessel Run?

A: Trick question. There is no way to make a Kessel run.

230px-Phil_Kessel_smiles_for_the_crowd_Toronto_Ontario_2010.jpg

It's actually quite surprising how fast he is despite being such a chubby, out of shape looking guy.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
It's actually quite surprising how fast he is despite being such a chubby, out of shape looking guy.

Yeah, I know. He isn't a slug. He just looks like one. Like Ty Cobb ragging on Babe Ruth: "Come on, Ty, aren't you gonna give Ruth credit for anything?" "He ran OK for a fat man."

Last edited:

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
If McGinn develops enough of a knack for dirty goals around the net I would consider Simmonds + 2nd Rounder for Kessel

Yeh but Toronto wouldn't. Come on, do you really think that's anywhere near value for him? This wouldn't be a JVR for Schenn scenario. If any team thinks they are getting him for that, they should just move on. Simmonds is a good player but you aren't getting Kessel for him... And you would just consider it, eh?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeh but Toronto wouldn't. Come on, do you really think that's anywhere near value for him? This wouldn't be a JVR for Schenn scenario. If any team thinks they are getting him for that, they should just move on. Simmonds is a good player but you aren't getting Kessel for him... And you would just consider it, eh?

sorry but you make it sound like it's way off. i understand why you wouldn't want to make this deal but kessel is a 35+ goal guy and simmonds is a 25+ goal guy. sure the 2nd doesn't even it out but i don't think it's as bad value wise as you make it sound.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
sorry but you make it sound like it's way off. i understand why you wouldn't want to make this deal but kessel is a 35+ goal guy and simmonds is a 25+ goal guy. sure the 2nd doesn't even it out but i don't think it's as bad value wise as you make it sound.

It's not that close simmonds is a good player but he does not have one shot scoring abilty Kessel does. he cannot take over a game and win it himsel Kessel can. Change the 2nd to a 1st and we can discuss it

RogerRoeper*

Kessel is laughably underrated. 82 points with the worst first line centre in the NHL. When the Leafs got him, everyone laughed and said he'd do nothing withot Savard setiing him up. He's done the exact opposite as was expected, but still gets crapped on.

This guy is an elite talent, and I'd take him over Carter anyday.

RogerRoeper*

Not a fan of Kessel at all. Decent player, but no leadership qualities and, as mentioned, questionable consistency. Wouldn't be worth what we'd likely have have to pay.

4 straight 30 goal seasons. And last year, he was one of the most consistent NHl players.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
It's not that close simmonds is a good player but he does not have one shot scoring abilty Kessel does. he cannot take over a game and win it himself Kessel can. Change the 2nd to a 1st and we can discuss it

well i wouldn't make that deal. on the flyers getting top pp time simmonds can be a 30 goal guy especially with guys like hartnell and knuble mentoring him and the 1st this year maybe pretty high (relatively speaking of course) in a very deep draft. add to that, that the flyers main problem going forward is defense not offense the value is simply not there for the flyers.

i'd much rather go after Perry in the offseason or Bobby Ryan in a couple yrs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad