Injury Report: Pulkkinen and Miller

utvolsfan

Oct 24, 2015
Sometimes it doesn't really matter how well a guy does in a fight, just being willing to step in when needed is all you need. Ericsson can handle himself quite well. He just doesn't do it often. If you check out his stats on hockeyfights.com you'll see he isn't going to lose many fights. I saw him interviewed where he said he doesn't do it very often because he doesn't want to get injured. I do agree though that having a few more physical type players would be nice. But I like our roster for most part.

I'll guess my point is, Abby and Ericsson are more important on the ice then sitting 5 minutes, not to mention the possibility of breaking a hand. They need a fourth line that is physical. Remember this team has never won a cup without a tough guy on the roster. I agree our roster is good, but it only takes losing Z, Pavel or Larkin for an extended time.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Ok well just keep letting our players get knocked out by cheap shots.

Miller was not a cheap shot just bad luck. Pulks was a bit dirty and Smith stepped in and fought after anyway. It's being blown out of proportion. Abby, Smith and Big E are 3 guys that can stand up for others.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
WTF? No they weren't. Miller's head was unfortunately at the height of the Arizona players shoulder. It was a clean hit. Not a "headhunting cheapshot"

The pulkkinen hit didn't have anything to do with his head. Yeah its a boarding which is dirty, but that's completely different than a "headhunting cheapshot"

Are you sure you watched the game?

Are you being for real? His jaw is broken, How does ones jaw break if not hit? Point of impact was his jaw. Head hit through and through.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
That was probably Miller's last game as a member of the Winged Wheel. That 6 week timeline isn't accounting for all that strength/weight he is going to need to get back. He'll probably drop 10-20 pounds from this broken jaw. By the time he gets back into hockey shape the season will be winding down, and I'm sure someone will have replaced his role on the team by then.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
That was probably Miller's last game as a member of the Winged Wheel. That 6 week timeline isn't accounting for all that strength/weight he is going to need to get back. He'll probably drop 10-20 pounds from this broken jaw. By the time he gets back into hockey shape the season will be winding down, and I'm sure someone will have replaced his role on the team by then.

Bold and Harsh predictions.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Bold and Harsh predictions.

Harsh yeah and definitely a little bold but I agree that he's going too have a really hard time getting back into the lineup this season... Kenny will probably resign him and this injury will make him even cheaper to retain.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'll take the opposite: Miller will be back as soon as he's healthy and won't be a healthy scratch the rest of the season.

3rd option. Miller undergoes the same superhuman growth regimen that Steve Rogers went through and comes back taller, stronger, faster, and silverer. Proceeds to win the Art Ross and Hart and then leads the Wings to a Cup while winning the Conn Smythe.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

No way. If Drew Miller dropped 10-20 pounds he would be a skeleton.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Actually, that's a pretty good point about Miller. Isn't he one of those guys who struggles to gain and maintain weight? He's already a beanpole. If he's on a liquid diet, this could be disastrous for him.

Still think he'll be back in the lineup at some point though.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
3rd option. Miller undergoes the same superhuman growth regimen that Steve Rogers went through and comes back taller, stronger, faster, and silverer. Proceeds to win the Art Ross and Hart and then leads the Wings to a Cup while winning the Conn Smythe.

He passes Gretzky's records in the final 30 games of the season, scoring over a thousand goals and three thousand points.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He passes Gretzky's records in the final 30 games of the season, scoring over a thousand goals and three thousand points.

Lets not be unrealistic, he scores 1500 points before the deadline and Holland packages him and a 1st for a 3rd pairing 38 year old d-man and a oft injured 3rd liner. Calls it a hockey move, kicked tires, a lot of teams are competitive, thinks that getting Pulkks back will be their big deadline move.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I shouldn't be surprised thatChris Pronger didn't see an issue with either of these hits.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Feed that super soldier serum **** to Smith, Kindl, and Ericsson ASAP.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Actually, that's a pretty good point about Miller. Isn't he one of those guys who struggles to gain and maintain weight? He's already a beanpole. If he's on a liquid diet, this could be disastrous for him.

Still think he'll be back in the lineup at some point though.

He can just drink raw eggs and bulk up ! :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad