Injury Report: Pulkkinen and Miller

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Massive timeframes for two relatively harmless incidents. Pulkkinen got his one skate washed away just before the hit, and Miller stumbled into his. It was just very poor luck.

It'll be a chance for others to prove something.

Kind of the way I saw it too. Bad result from pretty standard hockey hits. I don't like Hanzal because I've always seen him as "sneaky" dirty and avoiding the reputation but if Pulks didnt wash out I think he's not hurt as bad. Dahlbeck on Miller was bad luck

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I would like to see the wings get a goon. Both hits were head hunting cheap shots. Meaning no suspension and if they were suspended who cares they play in the west. If anything it hurts the wing by making phx easier to beat for buffalo.

Jesus Christ, no. That's a terrible idea.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
According to Khan Holland said no as of now. But that leaves us will only with 12 forwards and if any one else should go down we're in trouble. Wouldn't be surprised if Holland doesn't call someone up next week. Hopefully AA.

According to Khan, they do plan on calling someone up next week, just not right away.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
According to Khan, they do plan on calling someone up next week, just not right away.
Good. Let Jurco and Andersson get a chance to prove themselves, and let Mantha get back in game action in GR. Then maybe call up one of Mantha/AA to replace whoever performs the worst out of Andy and Jurco.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Tough break for Miller especially. Skate the face last year, now this.

The worst part of the broken jaw is being unable to eat solids. I remember when Cleary broke his (thanks Sammy!) he lost like 20-30lbs. Then again, Miller is a beanpole, so maybe he hasn't got much weight to lose.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
WTF? No they weren't. Miller's head was unfortunately at the height of the Arizona players shoulder. It was a clean hit. Not a "headhunting cheapshot"

The pulkkinen hit didn't have anything to do with his head. Yeah its a boarding which is dirty, but that's completely different than a "headhunting cheapshot"

Are you sure you watched the game?

I thought the boarding on Pulks was hella dirty.

Miller was an unfortunate play, but I still feel like something should happen.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
I would like to see the wings get a goon. Both hits were head hunting cheap shots. Meaning no suspension and if they were suspended who cares they play in the west. If anything it hurts the wing by making phx easier to beat for buffalo.

They don't need a goon IMO. I think Smith did a fine job last night. They also have Abdelkader and Ericsson if someone is needed in that capacity. Pulkkinen hit was dirty, but the Miller hit wasn't.

utvolsfan

Oct 24, 2015
They don't need a goon IMO. I think Smith did a fine job last night. They also have Abdelkader and Ericsson if someone is needed in that capacity. Pulkkinen hit was dirty, but the Miller hit wasn't.

I'll give Smith credit he handled himself well. Abby is not a guy that u want dropping the gloves, he doesn't do more then wrestle and he looked horrible in his crappie bout against buffalo. I would look into a player like Boll out of Columbus, or a player of his type. He skates well and will hit anything not to mention the willingness and ability to go with any one. But that's just my opinion

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Larkin should get a solid chance on the PK now. It's almost like Blashill knew this was coming having him and Jurco get PK work in.

Not sure how long term Andersson will be in the lineup. I think they will give Jurco a good stretch of games before benching him. Andersson just seems replaceable by a call up easily if Larkin and others can fill the PK shoes.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
I'll give Smith credit he handled himself well. Abby is not a guy that u want dropping the gloves, he doesn't do more then wrestle and he looked horrible in his crappie bout against buffalo. I would look into a player like Boll out of Columbus, or a player of his type. He skates well and will hit anything not to mention the willingness and ability to go with any one. But that's just my opinion

Sometimes it doesn't really matter how well a guy does in a fight, just being willing to step in when needed is all you need. Ericsson can handle himself quite well. He just doesn't do it often. If you check out his stats on hockeyfights.com you'll see he isn't going to lose many fights. I saw him interviewed where he said he doesn't do it very often because he doesn't want to get injured. I do agree though that having a few more physical type players would be nice. But I like our roster for most part.

Actual Thought*

They are really gonna miss Miller. Probably the most under rated player besides Abby.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Pulks is awful anyways. Should have been out of the lineup long ago.

Wow. I'm kind of speechless at the audacity of this statement. Hope they trade Pulks as soon as he gets better so I can stop following the Red Wings, if this is the general opinion.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Wow. I'm kind of speechless at the audacity of this statement. Hope they trade Pulks as soon as he gets better so I can stop following the Red Wings, if this is the general opinion.

It's called an opinion and it's not like you're not biased. "Trade him cause the fans r mean!!1"

He fairly regularly has poor performances, but manages to end up on the scoresheet so people either spout his point totals in his defense or that he takes a ton of missed shots.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
It's called an opinion and it's not like you're not biased. "Trade him cause the fans r mean!!1"

He fairly regularly has poor performances, but manages to end up on the scoresheet so people either spout his point totals in his defense or that he takes a ton of missed shots.

That's great. Don't let me disturb your celebration of his injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00