Injury Report: Pulkkinen and Miller

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Jesus. Those are some grim injuries.

On the bright side, Jurco has a chance to grab his cheese (Do players still cheesegrab under Blash?) and Andy can get some work in. Also brings us closer to AA and Mantha call ups.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I wonder if AA gets a call up or if they put Andersson in to PK. Thinking they will just role with Andersson but I would rather let Larkin PK and put both Jurco and AA in the lineup.

utvolsfan

Oct 24, 2015
After those two injuries, and watching Z get smacked around, not to mention Larkin getting knocked around, one has to wonder when they might look into getting some toughness. Granted the goon days r long gone, but there comes a time when a team needs someone to stand up and say enough. A guy like Jared Boll or Tom Wilson would look good in the red and white. Otherwise this team will keep getting smacked around and before long, Z, Pavel or Larkin will be on the IR.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
wow broken jaw dang...well I hope they (pulks and miller) take their time and get healthy. That just means we can bring up jurco and AA?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
After those two injuries, and watching Z get smacked around, not to mention Larkin getting knocked around, one has to wonder when they might look into getting some toughness. Granted the goon days r long gone, but there comes a time when a team needs someone to stand up and say enough. A guy like Jared Boll or Tom Wilson would look good in the red and white. Otherwise this team will keep getting smacked around and before long, Z, Pavel or Larkin will be on the IR.

I'd rather have Tangradi playing than Joker..

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I would like to see the wings get a goon. Both hits were head hunting cheap shots. Meaning no suspension and if they were suspended who cares they play in the west. If anything it hurts the wing by making phx easier to beat for buffalo.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I would like to see the wings get a goon. Both hits were head hunting cheap shots. Meaning no suspension and if they were suspended who cares they play in the west. If anything it hurts the wing by making phx easier to beat for buffalo.

WTF? No they weren't. Miller's head was unfortunately at the height of the Arizona players shoulder. It was a clean hit. Not a "headhunting cheapshot"

The pulkkinen hit didn't have anything to do with his head. Yeah its a boarding which is dirty, but that's completely different than a "headhunting cheapshot"

Are you sure you watched the game?

Hunting Bow*

WTF? No they weren't. Miller's head was unfortunately at the height of the Arizona players shoulder. It was a clean hit. Not a "headhunting cheapshot"

The pulkkinen hit didn't have anything to do with his head. Yeah its a boarding which is dirty, but that's completely different than a "headhunting cheapshot"

Are you sure you watched the game?

The principle point of contact on the Miller hit was the head. That has been a no-no for years regardless of intent.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
The principle point of contact on the Miller hit was the head. That has been a no-no for years regardless of intent.

Not quite right. As long as the hit is full body contact, which this one was, then the head can be point of contact. There was nothing wrong with the Miller hit.

The Pulkkinen hit was dirty as **** and I can't believe (well, this is the NHL, so I can totally believe it) they aren't looking at it. He followed Pulk from behind all the way into the zone and boarded him from behind resulting in an injury.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sucks for them. Especially unfortunate for Pulkkinen who is on a 1-year contract and could use all the NHL experience and production he can get.

Not too concerned about the team overall though. Jurco and Andersson gets a chance, and it also opens up opportunities to call up Athanasiou/Mantha. We'll be fine.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. My view was shoulder to the head and then the body.

If it's a body check that is the hitter's body directly into the center of the hit-ee's body, it doesn't matter that the first point of contact was shoulder to head.

I really really really really really really wish people would learn this. It was a clean hit

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Massive timeframes for two relatively harmless incidents. Pulkkinen got his one skate washed away just before the hit, and Miller stumbled into his. It was just very poor luck.

It'll be a chance for others to prove something.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wow. That's a long ass time to miss. C'mon AA, show me what you got. And Jurco? You got 6-8 weeks to earn a spot...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00