TSN: Puljujarvi's Agent - "Might be actually benificial [to go] different paths, different routes"

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
No one's going to pay top dollar for him; that'd be nuts.

A tough line for Edmonton to toe. If I'm them, I hang onto Puljujarvi and just hope for the best.

Better yet put him in a spot that he can succeed in. Send him to Bakersfield and leave him there for the rest of the season. Let him find his offence and get confidence with it and have a chance at some playoff hockey down there. Then he can come to next year's camp with everything he learner and apply it then.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Agent Markus Lehto just worked out Teravainen's sweetheart deal with the Canes. Wonder if they have talked Puljujarvi.

What would boost Puljujarvi's confidence more than joining a team with Aho/TT? Canes have one of the NHL's top prospect pools to deal from.
I see a fit for Pulujarvi in Carolina, but not a piece that Carolina would trade for him that is close in value. Carolina's available NHL'ers are either UFA's or worth more than JP. Their prospects are good, but I don't see Edmonton trading JP for a different prospect.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I can read. The player is not worthy of a relevant return. No team is going to give up anything of value. No way.
If you can read, then you must have missed the posts from sources that suggest that NHL teams do want him. That means that NHL teams are offering a relevant return. Notice how none of the rumours are saying that teams will take him but aren't offering anything. It's that teams are actively calling, but the Oilers want a ton for him. That clearly implies that teams are calling with offers of relevant pieces.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wouldn’t. Guy is a .5 PPG player in the AHL. Puljujarvi was .7 PPG at 18. If there’s a less impressive top 10 pick in the last couple years, it’s Nylander.

Jost or Thompson would make more sense.
I doubt the Avs would trade Jost for Pulju

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It doesn't seem like the type of trade that'd be made at this time of the year anyway. More of a draft day thing.

Mar 26, 2010
If you can read, then you must have missed the posts from sources that suggest that NHL teams do want him. That means that NHL teams are offering a relevant return. Notice how none of the rumours are saying that teams will take him but aren't offering anything. It's that teams are actively calling, but the Oilers want a ton for him. That clearly implies that teams are calling with offers of relevant pieces.
Laine + 1st?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I can read. The player is not worthy of a relevant return. No team is going to give up anything of value. No way.

The thread right below this one has Jeremy Bracco as a key piece in Toronto acquiring a top four RHD. At Puljujarvi’s age, Bracco had 6 goals in 50 AHL games.

Not saying you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, but I’m absolutely inferring it.

Reactions: bucks_oil

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I expected big things from Pool Party but he's been a disappointment. I doubt any team would offer the Oilers much of anything right now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pulj hasn't given the Oilers a reason to not be open to trading him. He's been nothing but disappointing.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Puljujarvi had some pretty decent underlying numbers over the past two years; especially for a teenager on a team like the Oilers. This year, his numbers have all fallen off a cliff.

You’ve got to think there’s some more potential there. I mean, he scored 11 points in 21 games in Liiga as a 16 year old. That translates to a 0.23 points per game in the NHL, which is higher than his actual 0.2 points per game in 45 NHL games as a 20 year old! Now, I know these numbers aren’t perfect, but they tend to be friendly to smaller players who beat up on kids in junior leagues, and not so friendly to 16 year olds who play well against grown men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad