TSN: Puljujarvi's Agent - "Might be actually benificial [to go] different paths, different routes"

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Agent Markus Lehto just worked out Teravainen's sweetheart deal with the Canes. Wonder if they have talked Puljujarvi.

What would boost Puljujarvi's confidence more than joining a team with Aho/TT? Canes have one of the NHL's top prospect pools to deal from.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
KGretz should really be picking S-House and MacT's brains on this one. See if there's any players out there he should be targeting in a 1-for-1 involving Pulju.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Agent Markus Lehto just worked out Teravainen's sweetheart deal with the Canes. Wonder if they have talked Puljujarvi.

What would boost Puljujarvi's confidence more than joining a team with Aho/TT? Canes have one of the NHL's top prospect pools to deal from.

Yeah Canes would obviously be the best fit for him. Aho has the brains for both of them, so JP can just try to use his hands and feet.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014

Still have Bean or Fleury lying around somewhere?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
are they gonna look for compensation based on his draft position...or on his actual play

just a wee bit of a gap between those two

With young players, potential is always a big part of the valuation. I'm guessing that the only way Pulujarvi gets moved is if somehow a further along top six forward is included. Obviously that would most likely be Pulujarvi+ for something. I floated Hoffman earlier, but that would take Edmonton clearing some cap, and it assumes that the Panthers actually want to clear Hoffman's salary to go after Panarin and Bobrovsky.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Meh. Best case scenario the Oilers get a second round pick. May as well see what you have in him before throwing in the towel

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’m waiting for his draft tbh. It’ll be a miracle for the oilers to make any trade that isn’t just to clear cap
Pulujarvi screams a draft day trade to a team wanting to clear money for UFA season to start, and not for a pick. I'm thinking Pulujarvi, Edmonton's 2nd, and something else for a roster player for next year.

Of course, Edmonton needs to clear some cap space first, so there is that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So is he going to the AHL or what? JP makes Yakupov look like Taylor Hall and I sincerely doubt with all my heart that no one else but the Oilers still sees him as a 20 year old 4th overall pick with new car smell and all the potential that comes with it. I'll be shocked if anyone wanted to give up even a 3rd rounder for him.

He needs to get to the AHL and if he refuses then he can basically kiss his career goodbye because no one is gonna take a flyer on "Colossal bust refuses AHL assignment"

And he needs to be there ALL of next year too. Do not risk the waiver wire. It is NOT too late to salvage his career but they need to do it now

Reactions: skuzzycuzz

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I mean, you don’t want to trade any of the appealing ones, though. We have no need for LHD, where you’re strongest, and you propose Fleury about six times a week. Don’t need prospect goalies either. What else have you got that’s moveable?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So is he going to the AHL or what? JP makes Yakupov look like Taylor Hall and I sincerely doubt with all my heart that no one else but the Oilers still sees him as a 20 year old 4th overall pick with new car smell and all the potential that comes with it. I'll be shocked if anyone wanted to give up even a 3rd rounder for him.

He needs to get to the AHL and if he refuses then he can basically kiss his career goodbye because no one is gonna take a flyer on "Colossal bust refuses AHL assignment"

The rumours are that teams are interested, just not at the price tag the Oilers have placed on him, and that they still like him as a player.

It probably is also not a case of "refusing an AHL assignment", as much as Chiarelli probably promising his agent that if he signed in Edmonton instead of in Finland, that they wouldn't send him down. Handshake deal. Thus, the negotiation with the new temporary GM. "It's not my deal, and it isn't what is best for Jesse in our opinion.". But if they just send him down, they risk him not signing in Edmonton and signing in Europe next year if that happened. Hard to develop a guy if he is playing on the other side of the planet in a different organization.

Mar 26, 2010
Can you read? The price tag is high. If the offers are minimal AHL players, then there won't be a trade.
I can read. The player is not worthy of a relevant return. No team is going to give up anything of value. No way.

Reactions: TML1990

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad