TSN: Puljujarvi's Agent - "Might be actually benificial [to go] different paths, different routes"

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It makes no sense to deal him unless it is something that can help the team otherwise it is pointless, just better off keeping him and hope he improves going forward.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What's the realistic asking price for him? He's struggling a bit obviously but let's assume he's got that top 6 potential and all. What are Oilers looking for besides 'overpayment'?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Pulujarvi+ for a top six scoring forward

I'd probably do a trade for JP around Byron, Shaw or Lehkonen from habs. None of which are top 6 but kind of complimentary forwards who have term(or RFA rights). Byron basically with top speed like McDavid and good for PK, 20 or so goals a year.

May not be what Oilers want though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd probably do a trade for JP around Byron, Shaw or Lehkonen from habs. None of which are top 6 but kind of complimentary forwards who have term(or RFA rights). Byron basically with top speed like McDavid and good for PK, 20 or so goals a year.

I like Byron and Lehkonen well enough, but I don't think I'd do this trade. I think there will be better offers out there.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
And his attitude was much, much worse.

Point remains, Edmonton isn’t interested in giving Puljujarvi away for scraps.

Who cares what he gets traded for or what people are offering. The situation is a big giant dumpster fire. Pulj looks lost out there and isn’t showing anyone why he would be a 4th overall pick. The shine from being a top pick is gone.

It’s pretty clear the kid isn’t developing in the nhl, the agent needs to shut up, and the kid needs to accept being sent down to the A.

The situation is not far from being another Yak. One more season of the same and the oil will be making another yak trade.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Drouin was far more proven than Puljujarvi. He had a 50 point season before he was traded.
I think the point was Drouin pouted and was acting up (and to a greater degree than Pulju), Tampa was patient, waited it out, then he came in played well got his points and then got traded with a good season under his belt.

Drouin at the time he was traded should certainly have more value than if Pulju was traded now since Drouin proved something, but is there anything stopping the Oilers from using the same patient approach Tampa had and trading him later for potentially more? That's where I think the logical argument being alluded to was going.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

I just gave myself a concussion from the face palm I just did...

I'd do a trade around Chiasson for Domi. Not sure that's what the Habs are looking for, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad