Recalled/Assigned: Puljujarvi & Yamamoto Assigned to Bakersfield (AHL)

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
DsQ1gDLVYAAoOAL.jpg
Pulju seems to have switched back to his old Warrior stick and the toe tapejob.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I'm just sad. Gonna stop following the Oilers for a while. Will probably keep tabs on the prospect thread to see how JP/Yams/Bouch/Benson are doing.

I'm really sad that PC inherited the Oilers with Connor McDavid, Darnell Nurse, Leon Draisaitl, Taylor Hall, etc etc and managed to completely F it up.

Edit: And I've been a Chiarelli/TMac apologist for a while over at the Edmonton Oiler's subreddit. But this is just too much. We'll be going into year 5 of McDavid next season having only made the playoffs once in that time... just embarrassing.

I don't see us making the playoffs this year unless the coach is fired and the new coach and players take the bull by the horns and turn things around.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, let's hope Puls can turn it around because the opportunity cost is starting to look rather high.

Tkachuk now has 25 points on the season, just 3 back of McDavid.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Whether the Oilers ever get anything worthwhile from Pulju, I think you should remember that Pulju was almost exclusively regarded as the third best player in the draft. I personally thought he had more potential than Laine as he is that much more versatile and their numbers were pretty similar. Hindsight is 20/20.

In fact I still think that Pulju has more potential than Laine.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Whether the Oilers ever get anything worthwhile from Pulju, I think you should remember that Pulju was almost exclusively regarded as the third best player in the draft. I personally thought he had more potential than Laine as he is that much more versatile and their numbers were pretty similar. Hindsight is 20/20.

In fact I still think that Pulju has more potential than Laine.
Potential is all fine and dandy but when there is none being lived up to...it's only potential.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Potential is all fine and dandy but when there is none being lived up to...it's only potential.
There is much beauty in things that still hold potential. There is progression or the hope of progression. When everything has come to fruition, what is left is only what there is - stagnation.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Oilhawks

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
So how do we work with Pulju and negotiate his next contract?

He's been underwhelming, but has had a coach stifling his development. Hopefully Chia isn't the one making the deal here.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So how do we work with Pulju and negotiate his next contract?

He's been underwhelming, but has had a coach stifling his development. Hopefully Chia isn't the one making the deal here.
his contract talks don't start until the summer. This is a show-me year. I say either he gets a bridge deal, assuming his play is poor or average or even a bit above average. If he shows signs of his potential truly emerging and in the NHL, a long term deal could be in the works. Either way, the show-me year will play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad