Recalled/Assigned: Puljujarvi & Yamamoto Assigned to Bakersfield (AHL)

space321

May 11, 2011
Hopefully they find success down there, best of luck to them. Stay as far away from the tire fire that is the current Oilers lineup.

Reactions: OilDrop37

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
The people of Bakersfield are in for a treat, wow.

Already have Benson, Hebig, Marody lighting it up and now Pulju and Yammo? Woah

Reactions: ujju2

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
thank you baby jesus.

we can only hope they can gain some confidence and experience down there. call em up when they're ready.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
No word yet but the Condors play pretty quick and I imagine the Oilers didn’t want to leave them short handed.

Two of Marody/Gambardella/Russell/Malone is my guess.

Anybody that is still considered a prospect needs to stay in Bakersfield. Malone and somebody that is fine wasting away in the PB.

Waiving Aberg is looking like a mistake.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Anybody that is still considered a prospect needs to stay in Bakersfield. Malone and somebody that is fine wasting away in the PB.

Waiving Aberg is looking like a mistake.

Problem is the second someone got dinged up we’d actually have to PLAY Malone... that didn’t go so well. He’s good at skating around fast and not getting much done. Ryan Jones ultra-lite.

Marody played well up here and I think Patrick Russell has earned a 4th line look. They’d be my guesses.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It should be interesting to see how Puljujarvi responds.

The topic of the possibility of Pulju and Yamamoto being sent down to Bakersfield was brought up on Stauffer's show yesterday when he had Friedman on, he asked Friedman what he would do with the two of them. Friedman's response regarding Puljujarvi was that one thing he knew for sure was that when the Oilers sent Pulju down to the AHL the last time, apparently Jesse was "really unhappy" and it "didn't go really well for him"...so he was wondering if that was at least part of the reason why the Oilers were hesitant to send him down this year. Stauffer's response was that it might go better this time with Woodcroft as coach down there, who was someone that was playing the kids and wasn't relying so much on AHL lifers to get wins.

With both Pulju and Yamo down there now, let's see how they respond. I doubt either kid is very enthused about being sent down, so I hope they take it the right way and don't mope like they both have in the past with similar demotions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad