Proposal: Puljujarvi for Your Equivalent Winger

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
It is pretty clear that Puljujarvi needs a change of scenery. He was demoted to the 4th line today and the coaching staff doesn't trust him at all. What are some other young wingers (or centers that can play wing) that are also struggling, and could be dealt in a deal around Puljujarvi? Here's what I could think of:

Tyson Jost (C/LW, 20, 2 points in 9 games)

Ryan Donato (C/LW, 22, 1 point in 8 games)

Valentin Zykov (LW/RW, 23, 2 points in 7 games)

Sonny Milano (LW/RW, 22, 1 point in 8 games)

Andre Burakovsky (LW/RW, 23, 0 points in 8 games)

Alex Nylander (LW/RW, 20, 8 points in 8 games in the AHL)

I'd probably consider all of these.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
How about Adrian Kempe? His speed is a huge asset and the Kings need a change of some kind as well.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
They are still just 20 year olds, so they still have the opportunity to cut it, and time to washout.

I think Buffalo would possibly have said yes after last season. Nylander showed little.

As premature as it probably is right now, to answer your post, Nylander has shown some promise this season, so Buffalo says no thanks.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Umm am I the only one thinking he's 20 and be patient?

You only drafted him 2 years ago and like I get sometimes europeans don't pan out, for example Rubdblad but mmm shouldn't you be patient?

What are the fans real expectations here? Was he rushed at all?

Reactions: zar and TFHockey

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
I'd do Puljuuu for A. Nylander. Both have the upside guys like Donato and Zykov don't have, both are young and I guess you could say struggling. Keep in mind both of 'em are only 20 years old, and they could easily put up ~60 points this year or next year if they get their **** together. Pulju for Nylander+4th.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Michael Dal Colle? Off to a scorching start in the A. Probably not going to make it to the big club any time soon with the Isles wing depth.

Edmonton Oiler fans: Hell no!!! Only has a handful of games in the NHL!

Chiarelli: Color me intrigued! What do we have to add to Pulj?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
It is pretty clear that Puljujarvi needs a change of scenery. He was demoted to the 4th line today and the coaching staff doesn't trust him at all. What are some other young wingers (or centers that can play wing) that are also struggling, and could be dealt in a deal around Puljujarvi? Here's what I could think of:

Tyson Jost (C/LW, 20, 2 points in 9 games)

Ryan Donato (C/LW, 22, 1 point in 8 games)

Sonny Milano (LW/RW, 22, 1 point in 8 games)

Andre Burakovsky (LW/RW, 23, 0 points in 8 games)

Alex Nylander (LW/RW, 20, 8 points in 8 games in the AHL)

Havent seen much of Pulju recently but cant be worse than hoping that Nylander gets his shit together. A yes from Buffalo I think, maybe the change of scenery works for both guys as I think they both need it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Ok, but only if you twist my arm.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If Puljujarvi gets traded he's going to be part of a package of Edmonton assets because Puljujarvi's cap hit is so low and we don't have that much cap space. If he gets traded it's after this season, not in the middle of it.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Out of the ones there:
Jost, Donato, and Zykov are the only ones I'd consider for Pulju. Especially Jost, would love to bring him home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad