Confirmed with Link: Puljujärvi signed 3 year ELC

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Drai got that much, as I seem to remember someone saying Dubois got the highest bonus structure ever for a 3rd overall pick. Either way it's pretty unlikely that Pulju hits all his bonuses, and if he does I sure as hell won't be complaining since that'll mean he's had an unbelievable rookie season.

LD got 25k less than Puljujarvi. For Pulju to hit all his bonuses he'd have to probably either finish top 10 in ppg in the league, win the Calder, be top 5 in voting for a major award, or be named a 1st/2nd team allstar. We all know Oilers can't win the Calder so I'm sure we'll be fine ;)

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
LD got 25k less than Puljujarvi. For Pulju to hit all his bonuses he'd have to probably either finish top 10 in ppg in the league, win the Calder, be top 5 in voting for a major award, or be named a 1st/2nd team allstar. We all know Oilers can't win the Calder so I'm sure we'll be fine ;)

Nice jinx. :)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't think Drai got that much, as I seem to remember someone saying Dubois got the highest bonus structure ever for a 3rd overall pick. Either way it's pretty unlikely that Pulju hits all his bonuses, and if he does I sure as hell won't be complaining since that'll mean he's had an unbelievable rookie season.

It's 25k more in bonuses than Drai got. Although this is a 3rd overall vs 4th overall we're comparing. Puljujarvi got ~200k more than other recent 4th overall picks like Bennett, Jones and Reinhart, and Marner's contract with bonuses comes in at under 2. Which is spectacular for the Leafs.

In the grand scheme of things the 200k likely wont make any difference, but the Oilers did definitely pay a bit more than the average 4th overall pick gets. Although I suppose an argument could be made that Puljujarvi is better than the average 4th overall pick. But we wont really know that for a few years.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
There is no chance with the current roster that the bonuses will result in any cap carryover next year. For that to happen, all of Drasiatl, Puljujarvi, McDavid, Reinhart and Nurse would have to have terrific seasons. In particular the two defensemen would have to be playing top pairing type minutes and have 40+ point season. However, if the Oilers do make a deal there is a chance that bonuses might impact some player decisions. Most likely this would be Reinhart that is impacted.

Currently those players carry $11.025M in bonuses with the cushion allowing a max of $5.475M. So if all of those guys were on the opening roster (which is quite unlikely), they would add $5.5M in hard cap to the total.

I was surprised that Caggiulla only had $425K in performance bonuses.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Haha I'd be ecstatic if he won the Calder. We have more than enough cap space currently to fit in bonuses without any worry of overage barring some kind of miracle leaps in development from almost all of our bonus ELC players.

If he won the Calder, we'd probably make the playoffs too :naughty:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He'll get the minimum 9 games but he'll be here all season. Laine and Poolparty would be in the conversation for 1st OA in a lot of drafts.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
reminds me of this lol
4726785_orig.jpg

What does Olli Jokinen have to do with this thread?

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Haha I'd be ecstatic if he won the Calder. We have more than enough cap space currently to fit in bonuses without any worry of overage barring some kind of miracle leaps in development from almost all of our bonus ELC players.

:D that would be insane, but we would have a beast of a team lol.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Gah... I need sleep. Anyway, happy to get it over with, and I'm not sure how there could be any detractors.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Poopoo.
Poo2.
Poolpoo
Poo Jewel
Yesse Poopoo

There's so many options...

I'm just going to call him Pulju, "Pool-You," or "Pull-You."

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Pulj is good enough a nik name on these boards..
No need to pronounce it here... just call him Pulj and everyone will get it

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I like Pull Your RV but don't think it's a nickname. A proper nickname will develop. Give it time and settle down.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
I'm loving Lou in Toronto pulling his ******** no bonus crap with the 1st overall pick. What a gong show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad