Confirmed with Link: Puljujärvi signed 3 year ELC

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
This makes me unhappy. Would have liked one more year in Europe and I know I am in the minority in this

He can play in the AHL. If he isn't ready for the show come October for whatever reason he can go there. He needs to get used to the North American game and learning English so the coaches can communicate with him.

His progression as an NHL player would stagnate if he returned to Europe imo.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This makes me unhappy. Would have liked one more year in Europe and I know I am in the minority in this

Let's put a SMILE on that face of yours

2016-nhl-draft-portraits.jpeg

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
He can play in the AHL. If he isn't ready for the show come October for whatever reason he can go there. He needs to get used to the North American game and learning English so the coaches can communicate with him.

His progression as an NHL player would stagnate if he returned to Europe imo.

I agree. If it turns out he isn't quite ready come October I would rather him play in the minors in North America than back in Europe.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Glad he's signed, I'm quite interested in the bonus structure as there could actually be some cap implications this year and for the duration of his ELC.

With the Hall trade, we need him now.

It's just a formality, but still good to have it done

How horrifying is it that 6 years after we draft Taylor Hall we're still in a position where we need an 18 year old to step in and make a meaningful contribution as a rookie.

Talk about undue pressure. We're relying on Puljujarvi and Yakupov to be two of the RWers in our top 9 :amazed: and our backup plan in case one of them fails is Kassian? Yikes.

We've backed ourselves into a bit of a corner with our RW depth. We've got 3 complete wild cards after Eberle.

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
Whoever came up with 'pool party' needs to go to the same place as the dude from the tenors.

I am however, still happy that he is signed.

Kyyrii

May 30, 2016
Finally.

Let's give Jesse a legit shot to earn his place in the line-up.
He is, after all, Euro player, so he can be send down if needed.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Glad he's signed, I'm quite interested in the bonus structure as there could actually be some cap implications this year and for the duration of his ELC.

How horrifying is it that 6 years after we draft Taylor Hall we're still in a position where we need an 18 year old to step in and make a meaningful contribution as a rookie.

Talk about undue pressure. We're relying on Puljujarvi and Yakupov to be two of the RWers in our top 9 :amazed: and our backup plan in case one of them fails is Kassian? Yikes.

We've backed ourselves into a bit of a corner with our RW depth. We've got 3 complete wild cards after Eberle.

That's why I still want Vrbata or Versteeg. It would be nice to have the option to start Puljujarvi in the AHL

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He signed 1/2 hour after i posted a question on whether they would defer his signing a year to save bonus money.

I will henceforth be taking a small percentage of credit for anything Pulju does.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton

I agree with your sentiment that we are hoping that two players work well this year with no evidence to show that they may or may not (Yak that he has been shaky at best, and Pulju just that he's a rookie).

Luckily wingers are the easiest thing to come by, and if Yak and Pulju aren't able to step up, it's not hard to get a middle 6 winger.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Excellent news. I was hoping this would be done when he was in town a little while ago, but at least it's done.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

its way less pressure to be the guy that has to just move until mcdavid passes it to you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad