Post-Game Talk: Puck In Da Net: Habs, Fleury win in bizarre 6-5 OT/SO game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
So because he is somewhat error free, he gets to make a mistake then two more in rapid succession ?

I dont like the long ass shift, the turnover is a mental mistake but 1) a weak ass hook and 2) not even trying to chase him are not questions of talent. if he had pulled down Sutter I would say that's okay, but he didnt.

I mistake I can live with but one mistake followed in rapid succession by two more has to be addressed no ?

and his penchant for diving ( like in Detroit) is getting a little hard to swallow. he's not playing well smart or hard, so let him sit.

That "somewhat error free" gets me. It suggests that he errs more often than he doesn't err.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Four mistakes

1) ovechkin length shift ( to the point he was gassed)

2). Turning the puck over

3) weak ass hook. If a guy had a step on you don't half ass it. If your going to sit 2, dont additionally give up a scoring chance. Trip him right away.

4) giving up on the back check.

Some games guts don't have it, we pull price when he's in a funk. Subban play has not been good recently, people whine how DD gets minutes he does not deserve the answer to this us not giving subban time he doesn't deserve.

The question is " is subban benchable?", if the answer us yes ( it better be) how much worse does he have to play for it to kick in?

if his ice time dries up tonight and going forward you might have a beef, but sitting a guy stinking the joint out us fine by me.

1- Again, this is allowed by the coach. It wasn't at ES, it's on the PP and the coach allows it. You can dispute whether or not you're for it, but it's not a mistake.

2- Yes, that's a mistake.

3- Not taking a penalty is never a ''mistake''. What else? Maybe he should have thrown his stick and hope to hit the puck too, after all, Budaj was great in the shootouts.

4- That was due to #1.

Benching your norris winner and best Dman at this point in his career is Pejorative Slured. Can you tell me which other team benches their best player? (not to mention, publicly blaming him for losses which is the opposite of ''team concept''. Win as a team, lose and blame one player for it. Sure, smart.)

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
1- Again, this is allowed by the coach. It wasn't at ES, it's on the PP and the coach allows it. You can dispute whether or not you're for it, but it's not a mistake.

2- Yes, that's a mistake.

3- Not taking a penalty is never a ''mistake''. What else? Maybe he should have thrown his stick and hope to hit the puck too, after all, Budaj was great in the shootouts.

4- That was due to #1.

Benching your norris winner and best Dman at this point in his career is Pejorative Slured. Can you tell me which other team benches their best player? (not to mention, publicly blaming him for losses which is the opposite of ''team concept''. Win as a team, lose and blame one player for it. Sure, smart.)

if you think that as a defenseman someone gets a step on you at the offensive blue line you are not supposed to trip the guy, how much have you played?

that's the definition of a good penalty, these half assed tries means that Sutter gets a chance and if budaj makes the save its a PP. If he trips him right there its a pp with no chance. He's going to the box either way.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
if you think that as a defenseman someone gets a step on you at the offensive blue line you are not supposed to trip the guy, how much have you played?

that's the definition of a good penalty, these half assed tries means that Sutter gets a chance and if budaj makes the save its a PP. If he trips him right there its a pp with no chance. He's going to the box either way.

Well that's up for debate. But at the end of the day, calling it a mistake is seriously pushing it and shows an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad