Post-Game Talk: PTSD - Post Traumatic Smith Disorder

Who do you start in Game Two?

• Total voters

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
I wonder why they waited until the playoffs to make Bouchard 'the guy' in the final minutes of a game. Out there with the goalie pulled instead of Nurse or Barrie. Why not give him the opportunity to be that guy in the regular season? Better late than never, I guess.

Bring Skinner in. Who cares. Same old story every single year.
Bouch needs to be in #1 PP too

Reactions: Duke74

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not stupid but the cherry picker making 8.5M per asking for a high risk pass down the middle in a tie game is stupid indeed ..
Are you stupid??
First off he wasn’t cherry picking he was getting up from being hit and coming back into the zone. Second Smith could have passed it to Keith who was right there and could have hit Drai up the boards instead. It was all smiths fault and he even stated as much.

Reactions: Sanchez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McD: “lots of excitement, we didn’t handle it well”

Exactly my thoughts this game.
Getting a little tired of the excuses though.

Team plays two post seasons with Covid going on "Oh we had trouble adapting to no crowds"

Team plays last night in front of a rip roaring crowd "Oh we had trouble adapting to crowds"

Its paint by number excuses. Teams that do better in playoffs visualize and prepare for the atmosphere more. They mentally put themselves in the situation before they are in it. The Oilers appear to lack in that aspect of preparation. Other clubs do it.

Every Oilers player should probably be asking Yama, McD and Kass what they did to mentally prepare and peak at the right time and be ready for game time. Nobody else did it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Team plays two post seasons with Covid going on "Oh we had trouble adapting to no crowds"

Team plays last night in front of a rip roaring crowd "Oh we had trouble adapting to crowds"

Its paint by number excuses. Teams that do better in playoffs visualize and prepare for the atmosphere more. They mentally put themselves in the situation before they are in it. The Oilers appear to lack in that aspect of preparation. Other clubs do it.

Every Oilers player should probably be asking Yama, McD and Kass what they did to mentally prepare and peak at the right time and be ready for game time. Nobody else did it.
Kassian threw a few hits that had no effect on the game. The Kings weren’t intimidated, they know if they just ignore him he won’t do any damage to them.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Bingo. It's always some kind of excuse, except they play the exact same shitty style of game no matter the conditions.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bingo. It's always some kind of excuse, except they play the exact same shitty style of game no matter the conditions.
But at least Kass wasn't lying. He was saying that he would play jacked with fans in the seats in playoffs and he wasn't wrong. 7hits in 9minutes and he was belting people around. he definitely brought it.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
But at least Kass wasn't lying. He was saying that he would play jacked with fans in the seats in playoffs and he wasn't wrong. 7hits in 9minutes and he was belting people around. he definitely brought it.

No one should be unhappy with Kassian’s game last night. One of the better forwards, didn’t really make any egregious errors and “did his job”.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No one should be unhappy with Kassian’s game last night. One of the better forwards, didn’t really make any egregious errors and “did his job”.
I can be unhappy with a player who gets paid as much as he does and had as much effect on the game as you or I did. Credit to Kassian for actually having a pulse for a change but he still accomplished nothing.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I have to ask. Why does Draisaitl call for that stretch pass in the first place? He should recognize that the Danault line was schooling them for the majority of the game. It's an unnecessary high risk play.

Fault Smith for the attempt, but Drai needs to be more conservative there.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I can be unhappy with a player who gets paid as much as he does and had as much effect on the game as you or I did. Credit to Kassian for actually having a pulse for a change but he still accomplished nothing.
did more than Puljujarvi, who saddled with McDavid all game

heck, Kane had a pretty quiet game too

tons of players need to get engage, and in a hurry...Kass isn't one of them

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
did more than Puljujarvi, who saddled with McDavid all game

heck, Kane had a pretty quiet game too

tons of players need to get engage, and in a hurry...Kass isn't one of them
Every forward that wasn't McDavid or Yamamoto accomplished nothing at even strength. Kassian also gets paid more than those two players. He needs to do more than just hit guys.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kass was a bargain compared to -2 Nuge that did nothing. I'm not paying Kass so is what it is. He's overpaid, we get it. Least he played his game. Really I'd give him more minutes if other players keep dogging theirs. Kass was hard to play against, clobbering people, and making them think twice about having the puck. its not a bad thing to bring the physical to the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad