Confirmed with Link: PTO Antoine Roussel

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
That's the popular opinion this board. Physicality in 4th liners is frowned upon. They'd rather have a 4th line of Vorobyovs.
One goon fine... Deslauriers and MacEwen starts to be too many. Now add this plug... This guy could be added if something happened to either of the two current goons.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I picture this team as a 55 year old newly divorced man. Buying a 2000 Mustang along with a leather jacket, telling himself that stories of his college football career are going to make a 20 year old girl want to f*** him.

That’s what this is. In every way. Bullies baby.
wait! thats not gunna work ?

cuz u just described ne..

hahaa

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
One goon fine... Deslauriers and MacEwen starts to be too many. Now add this plug... This guy could be added if something happened to either of the two current goons.
We don't know how the 4th-line will shake out.

It easily could be Deslauriers-Laczynski-Allison.

Roussel could make it as the 13th forward. He could get cut. MacEwen and Brown could be waived, or Torts could like them.

One of the great things about Torts is that he isn't political at all when it comes to evaluating players.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The same people fighting for Roussel try out are the same people critical of NAK penalties for being too physical. You can't make this sh** up.
Tbf, Roussel is not a moron like NAK. He's a shit disturber who usually takes someone to the box with him. But this team really doesn't need a pest.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That’s not what it’s about beef. It’s about not being pushed around, and making sure the Flyers don’t lose their identity.

It’s about protecting an image, more than success.
I know you are being sarcastic, but I think to a certain extent adding players who are difficult to play against is not a bad thing. Being tough and heavy hitting and such isn't bad, as long as you can actually play. The problem is they don't have the guys that can play so adding the guys that can do the beat 'em up stuff is not helpful. You want to have a couple heavy hitting defensemen, I'm on board. You want some guys like that will drop the gloves and lay dudes out? Sign me up. But there has to be guys that can carry the workload when these guy make their mistakes. We simply don't have that. We have Sean Couturier who when healthy is one guy that can do that. The rest of the team is not. They suck. Our prospects suck. Our veterans suck. The team sucks. All we have to look forward to is hopefully getting a lucky bounce and winding up with Connor Bedard.

• Haha
Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Roussel could make it as the 13th forward. He could get cut. MacEwen and Brown could be waived, or Torts could like them.

One of the great things about Torts is that he isn't political at all when it comes to evaluating players.

The 4th line will never feature both Laczynski and Allison unless so many guys get injured Fletcher has no choice. Have you not been paying attention?

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
i'll just say, seeing news items like this make me think I'm being punk'd

yes, the Flyers desperately need to be able to field a full lineup of NHL capable players, which they did not do for most of last season, and are in danger of doing again with smaller chance

no, Roussel is not where my first ideas goto, but who knows what the Flyers can entice, nor what their fanbase seeks? they gave away NHL calibre players last season, and instead fielded AHL quality in many positions for long periods.

honest question, as I am an out of towner, and not in tune with fans in the stands whatsoever. would a return to brawling, or fighting, or any aspect of that placate so many home-town fans, and give the Flyers more breathing room at the all-important ticket office? is there a home-town fan in the building take on what seems like a completely insane roster build that gives it some possibility of working? or anything..anything...else i might be missing?

cuz from where i sit, it looks completely unhinged. i do not pretend to think that being an NHL GM is as easy as we debate about, not by a long shot. but...i mean, what TF is going on?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
i'll just say, seeing news items like this make me think I'm being punk'd

yes, the Flyers desperately need to be able to field a full lineup of NHL capable players, which they did not do for most of last season, and are in danger of doing again with smaller chance

no, Roussel is not where my first ideas goto, but who knows what the Flyers can entice, nor what their fanbase seeks? they gave away NHL calibre players last season, and instead fielded AHL quality in many positions for long periods.

honest question, as I am an out of towner, and not in tune with fans in the stands whatsoever. would a return to brawling, or fighting, or any aspect of that placate so many home-town fans, and give the Flyers more breathing room at the all-important ticket office? is there a home-town fan in the building take on what seems like a completely insane roster build that gives it some possibility of working? or anything..anything...else i might be missing?

cuz from where i sit, it looks completely unhinged.

No. If they aren't winning games, fans are not going to show up. The fighting shit does not sell tickets.

This is going to be a historically bad team. I hope Roussel gets signed to come along for the ride.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

I want some of the meds... share please. We have seen this story...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I would like to make it clear that I'm not whining or complaining in any way. I'm wallowing via shitposting. I take my joy where it comes.

More slop, please. Put Chris Stewart back on the ice. I'll take whatever you've got.
Yup, I want to it to get so bad that even Morganti shits on them

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Relax guys its just a player tryout. Its not a big deal. Why not take a flyer on him and just see? He wont take a spot from a younger player unless he reeaaallly earns it. At worst he'll be 13th forward.

They never ever bring these kinds of players into camp n keep them on the team even if they play poorly...

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Could you strawman any harder? Jesus Christ.
You don't see it that way? I sure do.

There seems to be a general consensus here that physical = dinosaur = bad. Unless a physical player has top-six skill, physicality is viewed derogatorily.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
You don't see it that way? I sure do.

There seems to be a general consensus here that physical = dinosaur = bad. Unless a physical player has top-six skill, physicality is viewed derogatorily.
Please, by all means, quote where people are saying they don't want physicality on the 4th line or they want a lineup full of Vorobyovs. Prove me wrong.

I'll wait.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Roussel will add to the intensity of the camp. You know he's going to be battling his ass off trying to earn a spot. Everyone's going to have to be on high compete to win their roster spots.
adding Roussel to camp doesn't change at all the intensity of the camp, and the desire to win roster spots. he's just one guy after all, and all the players know what's at stake.

what it does add is the concept that being a goon-ish type as opposed to anything else is looked upon favourably by management, and that they're testing you in that quadrant of the necessary skill-set. as if this was the difference between winning and losing any kind of self-imposed battle the Flyers management chose to set.

moronic approach. it's definitely an approach, but not one I would advocate for this thin thin roster. EDIT: Unless, as I asked about above, that the home box-office might get a boost from a return to the BSB's. Which would be a valid reason to bump the physical play from NHL average to to NHL leading, with this sad lineup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes