Confirmed with Link: PTO Antoine Roussel

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Brown
Zac
Desloserey
Roussel

These 4 will most likely all be in the Flyers opening night roster,,,, and we are a cap team.
I honestly believe Roussel will be released from his PTO. However, I don't see the point.
Imagine a lineup like this:

JVR - Couturier - Konecny
Laughton - Hayes - Farabee
Cates - Frost - Atkinson
Lindblom - Laczynski - Allison

No assets shipped out, a sink or swim mentality with certain young players, 4 switchable lines. I see real usable toughness, without a deficit of skill (at least in the lower part). Now, I won't do the "Add Gaudreau" game, which would bump everyone down and improve it drastically, while also getting rid of mediocre defenders and adding picks back.......but I just did.

No one can tell me with a straight face this isn't better than what they'll ice. It cost nothing. That doesn't mean it's playoff caliber, but there's an actual step-back and evaluate plan to this one, with further asset collecting.
You consistently find new ways to wound me. All I ever did was that one thing.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Jvr-Coots-Tk
Laughton-Hayes-Atkinson
Cates-Frost-Tippett
Brown-Laczynski-Allison

I just dont see who of those 12 is not good enough to justify Deslauries, MacEwen, or Roussell making the team. I mean Brown yeah, but what about when Farabee comes back? Or Brink?

It just really seems like Laczynski and Allison are going to be the sacrificial lambs wnd theyre two players we need to see the most.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
A mediocre rebuilding team has one thing that the very best teams in the league don't have. One thing. Massive available usage. Expectations are low, so churn through it. Youth, undervalues, question marks, flippables -- throw shit against the wall. The Flyers pick the shit up in their hand, look at it intently, and skip merrily home. They pick the wrong prospects, the overvalues, the geriatrics, the depreciating, the known knowns. And they do it damn near every time, and they purposefully do it.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I will admit that seeing this guy "win" the 4LW spot over Deslauriers would be quite amazing for Chuck Fletcher content purposes.

After all...

“Players like Nic Deslauriers are hard to find.” - Chuck Fletcher
Would the GM allow that to happen? More likely is ND to the 3rd line. See I got s 3rd line LW for 1.7 per. I am smart

Nothing says "Tortorella and Fletcher want to play young players" quite like the annual quest to flood the ranks with enough shitwipes to keep the young players from playing
Torts doesn't control the roster remember

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Cool story, stop moving your own goal post.

Now I'll ask you for a second time, post a quote of a single person saying they don't want physicality on the 4th line. Not even the "everyone on this board" whine you keep repeating, a single person. This is what you were complaining about, it should be easy.

Again, I'll wait. And again, if you can't, admit you were strawmanning.

It's that easy.

A concept so high level it eludes him to this day.
If the majority of the board likes physicality on the 4th line, they sure as hell don't act like it. This is a board that stanned for Roman Lyubimov and Mikhail Vorobyov while endlessly mocking more physical 4th liners as "dinosaurs" and getting upset about Chris Stewart teaching rookies a little self-defense.

If you disagree with my OPINION about how the board views physicality, fine. You disagree. But it's certainly the impression I get.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If the majority of the board likes physicality on the 4th line, they sure as hell don't act like it. This is a board that stanned for Roman Lyubimov and Mikhail Vorobyov while endlessly mocking more physical 4th liners as "dinosaurs" and getting upset about Chris Stewart teaching rookies a little self-defense.

If you disagree with my OPINION about how the board views physicality, fine. You disagree. But it's certainly the impression I get.

The majority of the board likes competent players on the 4th line. If they're physical, great. If they're only physical and bring nothing else, then they're trash.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Your opinion of this board that you have zero evidence to support? Got it.

After half a dozen replies dodging the question and moving the goalposts, we ended where we started. This board hates physicality in 4th liners. Source? Trust me bro. Totally not a strawman.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Your opinion of this board that you have zero evidence to support? Got it.

After half a dozen replies dodging the question and moving the goalposts, we ended where we started. This board hates physicality in 4th liners. Source? Trust me bro. Totally not a strawman.
WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, I guess I’m “imagining” all the mocking posts about “dinosaur” hockey, about the “authentic” fans who like it, about trying to recreate the “Broad Street Bullies,” about “hitz” & “big bois,” deriding the team for having Stewart give rookies a short self-defense lesson — all figments of my imagination!!

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, I guess I’m “imagining” all the mocking posts about “dinosaur” hockey, about the “authentic” fans who like it, about trying to recreate the “Broad Street Bullies,” about “hitz” & “big bois,” deriding the team for having Stewart give rookies a short self-defense lesson — all figments of my imagination!!
If your not imagining all the posts of people saying "they hate physicality in 4th liners" then how have you failed to produce a single one?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
If your not imagining all the posts of people saying "they hate physicality in 4th liners" then how have you failed to produce a single one?
LOL, do I look like your servant? If you haven’t seen all of things I just summarized, then you’re blind. I’m not going on some kind of hunt for you when it’s right in front of your face.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The majority of the board likes competent players on the 4th line. If they're physical, great. If they're only physical and bring nothing else, then they're trash.
Not true. The majority of the board wanted Luby, Bunnaman and Vorobyev, at least until they got to see them play.
The only worse than being a physical scrub, is being a "soft" scrub.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
LOL, do I look like your servant? If you haven’t seen all of things I just summarized, then you’re blind. I’m not going on some kind of hunt for you when it’s right in front of your face.

This is extremely rich material coming from you. You flip out and demand I find proof of the posts you made, and I always do it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Not true. The majority of the board wanted Luby, Bunnaman and Vorobyev, at least until they got to see them play.
The only worse than being a physical scrub, is being a "soft" scrub.

I'm pretty sure that I am the only one - and I mean THE ONLY ONE - who stood up for Lyubimov AND Bunny AND the Pimp. I don't mind you calling me out for it and yelling at me, but you should leave all these other poor bastards alone. They all hated Luby at the very least, and the only reason they held back about Bunny is that they knew I would f***ing destroy them and/or cry pitifully.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Couts has so many god awful sound bites. Even knowing he’s a a “good soldier,” he seems to go a little bit extra with these takes at times.

"I like the way our team's built," Flyers forward Sean Couturier told NBC Sports Philadelphia last week. "If you look at our division, it's a pretty tough division. We brought in some toughness. I don't think there's going to be any more teams bullying us around like we've been in the past couple of years at times.”

Like on the scoreboard, right Sean?
It seems to me that the leaders of this team asked for more toughness. They are stupid enough to believe the same shit the front Office is saying. So they all deserve each other!

f*** this Team, f*** this franchise, sell the franchise

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
There's been a hell of a lot said about physical 4th liners being dinosaur hockey. In fact, this all came up because of criticism of Roussel as a tryout. Yesterday, we had complaints about Chris Stewart giving rookies a lesson on self-defense. The Deslauriers signing was bashed to the point of complaining about his picture being used on Twitter.

This is the Flyers' 2022 offseason.

DeAngelo
Deslauriers
Braun
Grosenick
Roussell
Anisimov

You can include the Risto extension in there as well.

Every single move or announcement has left me shaking my head. I can count on one finger the number of moves that I had a positive reaction to - the Ellis trade.

I can only speak for myself - but that ends up being pretty demoralizing as a fan. I want to be positive, I want to be excited. But the reality is that Fletcher has destroyed trust and lost the fanbase, and it will be really hard to get it back.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is the Flyers' 2022 offseason.

DeAngelo
Deslauriers
Braun
Grosenick
Roussell
Anisimov

You can include the Risto extension in there as well.

Every single move or announcement has left me shaking my head. I can count on one finger the number of moves that I had a positive reaction to - the Ellis trade.

I can only speak for myself - but that ends up being pretty demoralizing as a fan. I want to be positive, I want to be excited. But the reality is that Fletcher has destroyed trust and lost the fanbase, and it will be really hard to get it back.

It's been years of this. So many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad