OT: PSA: Bomb threat at Lionel-Groulx, station closed, metro skipping over station.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I have an exam and have to get from McGill to Guy-Concordia today.

I know it's the green line, but do you think I should leave extra early today just incase the metro is really congested or is everything running fine now except for Lionel Groulx?

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
well, as a Political Science major who focuses his studies on Terrorism and Public Safety, I can tell you that one of the main goals of terrorism is to install fear in peoples minds, using the guaranteed media broadcasting of events 24/7, which usually translates to high levels of paranoia. Although there are no proofs as to who is responsible for the the Boston attacks (most likely home-grown terrorism, don't you think?), they have successfully achieved that goal, reaching as far as Montreal.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

I know it's the green line, but do you think I should leave extra early today just incase the metro is really congested or is everything running fine now except for Lionel Groulx?

you could walk from Mcgill to Concordia

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

the only news is that the metro will not stop to that station.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
^^ I wouldnt have thought Boston to be a prime target either, granted it was the Boston Marathon but you and I know there are many bigger sports events (or other big events) that could have been used to cause more damage. Thank God that didnt happen.

Much rather be careful than ignorant, I got caught by the traffic that morning, I live right near that area and I can guarantee you I'd rather have a Police presence there than ignore and regret later.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
That's a little ridiculous...it's not "here to stay", the bombing happened two days ago, not two years ago. It's perfectly normal for everyone to be on their toes a little bit in the days following, especially with concerns of copycat bombers and whatnot.

I prefer to not live my life in fear.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
A bombing happens in Boston two days ago and all of a sudden there are mysterious packages found all over the place? Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the third one in two days right? It would seem that fear has indeed been installed in our society...

It's weird that no one has claimed responsibility for the Boston bombing though...

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
well, as a Political Science major who focuses his studies on Terrorism and Public Safety, I can tell you that one of the main goals of terrorism is to install fear in peoples minds, using the guaranteed media broadcasting of events 24/7, which usually translates to high levels of paranoia. Although there are no proofs as to who is responsible for the the Boston attacks (most likely home-grown terrorism, don't you think?), they have successfully achieved that goal, reaching as far as Montreal.

Thanks for putting your degree to good use and clearing this up for me

pine*

Yea just might, I'm actually going from the Bonaventure train station to Concordia but I usually walk underground to McGill and stop for food. I'll probably just walk to be safe though,

It's nice outside.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Well I'm most definitely worried.... Barricading myself in the house, I've got food provisions for about a good 2 months, so I'm good. Goodbye Cruel World...

NOT!

Analyzer*

No, terrorism tries to instill fear in the public ? I would have never known that without your in depth studies.

Maybe next you'll tell us lesser informed people that terrorist acts will more than likely be accompanied by a political agenda ?

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
No, terrorism tries to instill fear in the public ? I would have never known that without your in depth studies.

Maybe next you'll tell us lesser informed people that terrorist acts will more than likely be accompanied by a political agenda ?

Why be a dick about it?

Analyzer*

Why be a dick about it?

It doesn't take political science to know what the obvious goals of terrorism are. The way it seemed was that none of us knew what was going on and we needed to be informed by someone with degree, or on his way to getting one in political science...

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
It doesn't take political science to know what the obvious goals of terrorism are. The way it seemed was that none of us knew what was going on and we needed to be informed by someone with degree, or on his way to getting one in political science...

Doesn't mean you have to be a sarcastic dick about it.... :dunno:

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Talk about being touchy. *sigh*

My kindergarten-attending nephew has more poise than this. Pretty pathetic.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

but but but political SCIENCE

SCIENCE

SCIENCE !!!

(I took poli sci it's really stupid lol)

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal

Analyzer I just wanted to remind you that terrorism isn't just committed my people from middle eastern decent.

Terrorists come in all colors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad