OT: PSA: Bomb threat at Lionel-Groulx, station closed, metro skipping over station.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Suspicious package at Lionel-Groulx. They have the robot going to detonate it. Gridlock everywhere, avoid at all costs. Orange line still running, walk to St-Henri station a few blocks west.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Not to downplay this threat but considering yesterday's false alarm, I'm suspecting this is nothing but over the top paranoia.

And I hope I'm right.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
You'd think they would close the orange line if this is an actual threat. There was a "suspicious" package at Fairview out in the West Island as well. Hopefully this proves to be a false alarm but I really wonder what people are thinking if they believe this kind of prank is funny in light of what happened in Boston.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
damn that's so weird yesterday i got takeout poutine with jalapenos and had them bag it in a brown paper bag and forgot it at lionel

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
No doubt it is nothing...It's more so you know to change your commute plans seeing as LG is a pretty major metro hub, especially if you live in Lachine/West Island and take the bus.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Edit:

STM on twitter says all lines are working. They're just skipping over Lionel.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Well I guess the paranoia is here to stay. No bomb threats in x days and now 2 in 2 days... Everyone raise a glass to society... as it stumbles to the ground.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Well I guess the paranoia is here to stay. No bomb threats in x days and now 2 in 2 days... Everyone raise a glass to society... as it stumbles to the ground.

That's a little ridiculous...it's not "here to stay", the bombing happened two days ago, not two years ago. It's perfectly normal for everyone to be on their toes a little bit in the days following, especially with concerns of copycat bombers and whatnot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->