PS4 HFBoards Tournament Series - TOURNAMENT CLOSED

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Have 8 Confirmed, still waiting on Gonan, Draisaitl and Canucks.

Get to it boys. The sooner we have it confirmed, the sooner we can play.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Now have 9 (10 if we need him) ///// 12 confirmed.

We should have game(s) done already. Our schedules not being pushed back because people didn't take a second out of there day to confirm there Teams. The longer you guys take to confirm, the less time you have to play your games. Your hurting your peers and those who actually want to play by taking more time to confirm.

Round Robin play ends on Sunday, and the Playoffs start on Monday. AHL Tournament obviously won't go on if we don't get a chunk of games done.

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
Rockford, Rochester, and Toronto.

How's the 3 teams gonna work? Say i use Rockford and Rochester. Then I use Toronto for my round robin game 3.

Then come 1 game elimination bracket, I have to use any teams I haven't used before or do I go with Toronto?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Rockford, Rochester, and Toronto.

How's the 3 teams gonna work? Say i use Rockford and Rochester. Then I use Toronto for my round robin game 3.

Then come 1 game elimination bracket, I have to use any teams I haven't used before or do I go with Toronto?

It's easier then you think. You just pick three teams for the Round Robin (Regular Season), in which ever order you want them in, some can see it as strategy to use the 'better' teams for the Playoffs or against certain opponents, but there's not really any strategy for the AHL Tournament, as there's no skill level gap, like there was for the NHL tournament and the tiered Teams. Then use whatever AHL Team, (that you haven't already used) in which ever order you want to use in the Playoffs (depending on how far you make it), but you don't need to pick several Teams for the Playoffs (as upon completion of the Playoff games, you won't know how far you'll get). Hope this clears it up.

--

Alright, boys. We have 11/12 confirmed, just pending this last newcomer Joining in, we could actually pull off getting the schedule and divisions out tonight.

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
For example, I use Grand Rapids for single elimination game 1. Then I have to pick another team that's not the 4 I've already used, say Hershey, in playoff game 2. Then Another team that's not the 5 I've already used, in game 3?

So out of 30 teams or w/e, you can only use each team once throughout the whole tournament; no matter round robin or playoff.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
For example, I use Grand Rapids for single elimination game 1. Then I have to pick another team that's not the 4 I've already used, say Hershey, in playoff game 2. Then Another team that's not the 5 I've already used, in game 3?

So out of 30 teams or w/e, you can only use each team once throughout the whole tournament; no matter round robin or playoff.

Yup. It's pretty simple.

Once you use a Team, you cannot use them for the entire duration of the current Tournament.

So I guess, if you really wanna use your favorite AHL Team when it matters, pick them in the Playoffs, if you think you'll make it. But like I said previously, this isn't about the best team you pick, it's about the way you play, it's about the player not the team.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
AHL Tournament:

HF Username - PSN Username - Teams Selected

Division 1
habs1995 - (habs1995) - Adirondack, Norfolk Admirals, San Antonio
Draisaitl - (Glutamat0815) - Hamilton, Hershey, Wilks-Barre/Scranton
Nifty Mittens - (NLFTY_MITTENS) - Wild, Marlies, Penguins
JaredCowenFan - (SenzFan2) - Milwaukee, Bridgeport, San Antonio

AHL Tournament Division 1 < Click Here

Division 2
captaincheese - (captaincheese) - Lake Erie, Hamilton, Grand Rapids
iFishyHD - (iFishyHD) - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Leigh Valley, Hamilton
JClaus - (JClaus) - Albany, Chicago, Peoria
Domrie - (SeumDwa) - Rockford, Rochester, Toronto

AHL Tournament Division 2 < Click Here

Division 3
BringBackChara - (Arctarus) - Grand Rapids, Texas, Binghamton
robbiezyg - (robbiezyg) - Oklahoma City, Texas, Grand Rapids
leafsfan1992 - (Aslamsaleh) - Marlies, Grand Rapids, Crunch
Dats13Det - (SV_Samsquanch) - Flames, Griffins, Crunch

AHL Tournament Division 3 < Click Here

The playoff format is going to have a different approach considering we have 3 divisions now instead of 4. With 12 players, the top 4 teams are going to receive first round byes. From there, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9 and the winners will then play the top 4. All single elimination from there.

Everything else remains the same. Once you use a team, that's it for the tournament and you wont be able to use them again. Post or PM with any questions.

Good Luck Everyone!

Last edited:

habs1995

Feb 24, 2014
AHL Tournament:

HF Username - PSN Username - Teams Selected

Division 1
habs1995 - (habs1995) - Adirondack, Norfolk Admirals, San Antonio
Draisaitl - (Glutamat0815) - Hamilton, Hershey, Wilks-Barre/Scranton
Nifty Mittens - (NLFTY_MITTENS) - Wild, Marlies, Penguins
JaredCowenFan - (SenzFan2) - Milwaukee, Bridgeport, San Antonio

AHL Tournament Division 1 < Click Here

Division 2
captaincheese - (captaincheese) - Lake Erie, Hamilton, Grand Rapids
iFishyHD - (iFishyHD) - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Leigh Valley, Hamilton
JClaus - (JClaus) - Albany, Chicago, Peoria
Domrie - (SeumDwa) - Rockford, Rochester, Toronto

AHL Tournament Division 2 < Click Here

Division 3
BringBackChara - (Arctarus) - Grand Rapids, Texas, Binghamton
robbiezyg - (TBA) - Oklahoma City, Texas, Grand Rapids
leafsfan1992 - (Aslamsaleh) - Marlies, Grand Rapids, Crunch
Dats13Det - (SV_Samsquanch) - Flames, Griffins, Crunch

AHL Tournament Division 3 < Click Here

The playoff format is going to have a different approach considering we have 3 divisions now instead of 4. With 12 players, the top 4 teams are going to receive first round byes. From there, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9 and the winners will then play the top 4. All single elimination from there.

Everything else remains the same. Once you use a team, that's it for the tournament and you wont be able to use them again. Post or PM with any questions.

Good Luck Everyone!

I'm scared .. I play Draisaitl and JCF ;)
My two worst nightmares in one pool, I think I'm gonna drown :/

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Division 2 Round 1
CaptainCheese Lake Erie 1 - 0 Rochester Americans Domrie
Well what can i say here, he dominated TOA and Pickard showed why hes a better goalie than Reto Berra.

Watch out for Domrie guys, he can setup well in the offensive zone.

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
Division 2 Round 1
CaptainCheese Lake Erie 1 - 0 Rochester Americans Domrie
Well what can i say here, he dominated TOA and Pickard showed why hes a better goalie than Reto Berra.

Watch out for Domrie guys, he can setup well in the offensive zone.

Yep. Went chasing for your first goal a bit and left a guy wide open in the slot. My fault. Your goalie robbed me once or twice too.

AHL is brutal though. We both had many shots that just completely missed the net. Guys are very slow too. Definitely different from HUT..

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
Yeah I guess.. JCF and Draisaitl play like Edmonton I hear ;)

Letme know when you boys want to play ! After 2 ET tomorrow I should be good

I like our division, I get to play my revenge game against you, and game 3 against JCF shud also be quite a sweaty one;)

Already in touch with Nifty, so there shud be no problem at all getting those 3 games in until the deadline, since habs and JCF are online when I am anyways:laugh:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Yep. Went chasing for your first goal a bit and left a guy wide open in the slot. My fault. Your goalie robbed me once or twice too.

AHL is brutal though. We both had many shots that just completely missed the net. Guys are very slow too. Definitely different from HUT..

Good thing you didn't play in the CHL Tournament then, lol. They were even slower.

I like our division, I get to play my revenge game against you, and game 3 against JCF shud also be quite a sweaty one;)

Already in touch with Nifty, so there shud be no problem at all getting those 3 games in until the deadline, since habs and JCF are online when I am anyways:laugh:

Just woke up, but will be available all day! :highclap:

Div 2 Round Robin
iFishyHD (LehighValley) 0 - 5 (Rockford) Domrie

I remember seeing you very high on my Friends for Leaderboards. Wow.

Great to see some more added competition to what we already have!

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
I remember seeing you very high on my Friends for Leaderboards. Wow.

Great to see some more added competition to what we already have!

19th in the world. Not too shabby lol.

Division 2 round 2
Captaincheese Hamilton 3 - 1 Wilkees Barre I fishyhd
He got the quick goal right off the bat. I responded with 3 of my own.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad