Post-Game Talk: PS2 9/19 - Bruins击败卡尔加里3-1时间回家

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They might not even be “sick”? A lot of times when you go to a foreign country or even a different part of the US, you can have some stomach issues as your body is not used to the local water/cuisine.
I'm willing to bet this is what happened to Charlie and DeBrusk.

I hope the team nutritionists have a plan to help ease them back into their normal diets once they get home.

The biggest mistake I made after I came home from my trip was eat a ton of pasta. I had been craving it for 2 weeks and it was like finding an oasis in the desert. I should have eased back into things and that's all I'll say.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
They might not even be “sick”? A lot of times when you go to a foreign country or even a different part of the US, you can have some stomach issues as your body is not used to the local water/cuisine.

Yeah had that during my visit to the States. Got some dinner at Chipotle right after I landed. Regreted that the very next morning :laugh:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Way late to the party. I’ve had a tough time keeping up with the games even though I’ve been recording them...

Appreciate the feedback I’ve seen from everyone.

Just had to point out that Senny still looks like he needs to gain some lbs.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I have a question, I should have asked it last night- are the rinks in China wider than US/Canada? Sure looked that way to me.

In the Shenzen game the announcers mentioned that the Calgary goaltender was having issues because the ice was wider. So I figured the rinks were International sized. I think I heard them say it was like 15 feet wider, which made me question what I heard.

Reactions: BMC

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
JD74 is gonna be a gem this year. Very happy the boys are headed back to Boston so we can get a real camp going and see how the roster is shaping up.

What is everyones thoughts so far? JFK leading candidate for 3C? Only saw highlights but I like the aggressive forecheck to force a turnover and then a sick little tip pass to Jake

Reactions: CptxMorgan

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I look forward to the full roster coming together. My one concern is that 3rd line center position.

I think it's entirely possible we see Kuraly there to start unless one of the 3 youngins knock it out of the park the next 2 weeks. Kuraly can at least skate and having two talented wingers would help his offensive numbers obviously. Wags as the 4th line C.

63-37-88
74-46-17
43-52-10
20-14-42
ex: 55

I don't hate that besides having 4 young wingers on your 2nd/3rd lines. However, I think that could be pretty solid. Debrusk and Donato seem to have fairly solid chemistry. I don't think Kuraly is that much worse offensively than Nash, and he's a million times quicker. Let Frederic and JFK go down and play 20 minutes a night in all situations and if one of them deserves a call up then you move Kuraly back to the 4th line.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think it's entirely possible we see Kuraly there to start unless one of the 3 youngins knock it out of the park the next 2 weeks. Kuraly can at least skate and having two talented wingers would help his offensive numbers obviously. Wags as the 4th line C.

63-37-88
74-46-17
43-52-10
20-14-42
ex: 55

I don't hate that besides having 4 young wingers on your 2nd/3rd lines. However, I think that could be pretty solid. Debrusk and Donato seem to have fairly solid chemistry. I don't think Kuraly is that much worse offensively than Nash, and he's a million times quicker. Let Frederic and JFK go down and play 20 minutes a night in all situations and if one of them deserves a call up then you move Kuraly back to the 4th line.

Nordstrom has been good. Would not mind having him center the 4th line and starting Kuraly at 3rd. Kuraly is not ideal, but if no one else wins the job I think this is the wise thing to do. A stable October would be preferable to last October.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Just some of my thoughts after finally watching the recording-

Zboril took a couple shots today. Had some heads up plays too.

Didn’t notice Vaak much. Not a bad thing. I was looking for him specifically.

Gryz looks like he’s in mid season form.

Love DeBrusks energy.

As far as the competing between JFK/Frederic/Studnicka for the 3rd line center role goes at this point- I say Kuraly.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Just some of my thoughts after finally watching the recording-

Zboril took a couple shots today. Had some heads up plays too.

Didn’t notice Vaak much. Not a bad thing. I was looking for him specifically.

Gryz looks like he’s in mid season form.

Love DeBrusks energy.

As far as the competing between JFK/Frederic/Studnicka for the 3rd line center role goes at this point- I say Kuraly.
Hope that’s not mid season form for Gryz, if so he will be eating lots of popcorn this year.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My DVR recorded the replay and not the actual game. And they cut away from the replay for the Erik Karlsson press conference. :mad:

Reactions: JCRO

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I have a question, I should have asked it last night- are the rinks in China wider than US/Canada? Sure looked that way to me.
I don't know if they are true Olympic width but the two arenas they played in were definitely wider than NHL surfaces. Not sure if that's just these two rinks or if that's the standard over there.

Reactions: BMC

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I'm willing to bet this is what happened to Charlie and DeBrusk.

I hope the team nutritionists have a plan to help ease them back into their normal diets once they get home.

The biggest mistake I made after I came home from my trip was eat a ton of pasta. I had been craving it for 2 weeks and it was like finding an oasis in the desert. I should have eased back into things and that's all I'll say.
Oh you poor thing. I can sympathize.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I found myself not liking it. Trade didn't bother me at all when went down, now I feel like 'damn, he's not ours anymore'

I'm happy for him. I like Czarnik, and wish he had gotten a real chance last year, and instead we got Old man Gionta.

I don't blame Boston, they ultimately didn't think he could be what they wanted from a 3rd line Center. I am happy he is someplace where he will get that chance. And I am hopefully the Bruins will get what they want from either JFK or TFreddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad