Post-Game Talk: PS2 9/19 - Bruins击败卡尔加里3-1时间回家

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
We kind of laugh about the runs and stuff.. but has anyone seen the movie Contagion?

If he and Charlie are sick.. how about we quarantine them for the flight home?

They might not even be “sick”? A lot of times when you go to a foreign country or even a different part of the US, you can have some stomach issues as your body is not used to the local water/cuisine.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
They might not even be “sick”? A lot of times when you go to a foreign country or even a different part of the US, you can have some stomach issues as your body is not used to the local water/cuisine.

Very true, but my mind is a f***ed up place.

Reactions: Alicat

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
These games have been fun to watch. I think the Bruins are going to be do very well this season. Way too early for predictions but I really like our chances in the East. It is nice to see the goalies playing so well...Tuukka as cool as a cucumber.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I did not get on the board for the game. just looked at it now. It was going good till the whole we traded you know who stuff came in. I was hoping to see positive info on the young guys but the same old 1970s style is still the thing here. Getting really boring. Sure I like guys to answer and be tough but having that sit in the crowd for almost 3 million is not going help. Time to move on, thanks for the memories but lets talk about who we have. Miller has shown his skating and puck handling are far superior, they made the choice twice on him, lets run with it.

So in saying that, the 3 young centers all did good things but no one has separating themselves, pretty equal so far. Not a bad thing to have. Guys like Winnik are here in case, Nordstrom and Wagner are going help the 4th line. Donato has shown a better own end presence. The young defense look promising. Now the real fun starts with the main camp. Lets see who grabs it.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Just watched the game. Looks more and more to me like Frederic is going to get the 3rd line spot. He's so strong on the puck and fits so nicely with Backes.
Cave looked good and I think he will play in the NHL at some point this year again.
I used to hate Kevin Miller but he's gotten so much better. Guy was a beast in China.
Gryz struggled. He's got to get going or he's going to start the year in the press box.
Debrusk. Awesome.
JFK had a good assist but didn't do much with Bergeron/Pasta
Stud had a few good plays but tried to toe-drag too often.
Donato had some turnovers but got on the scoresheet again. I think you're just going to have to let him learn in the NHL.
Vaak. Some really nice plays at both ends. Got to see the skating in this game and it's really nice.
Nordstrom. You could see why they signed him. Takes care of the puck, steals it. Smart player.
Wagner. Maybe he's got another gear but I don't like what I've seen enough to bury a young guy ahead of him.
Zboril. Looked much better than the first game. May be an NHLer after all.

Wish someone would have punched out Bennett, Hathaway and a couple others. Lazar isn't an NHLer.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I already wish we had McQ back. Don't you miss the days where instead of hitting us hard they used to blow kisses since he was in the lineup?
Agreed. I love how having Chara, McQuaid, Boychuk, Lucic, and Thornton prevented Savard's career ending injury just like some of those same guys prevented Bergeron's nearly career ending injury. I really want this team to return to the Big Bad Bruins days where opponents were so afraid of them, they would never take cheap shots that end careers of players like Neely.

:sarcasm:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
McQuaid from the Rangers bench, just as effective as from the press box?

I already wish we had McQ back. Don't you miss the days where instead of hitting us hard they used to blow kisses since he was in the lineup?

Agreed. I love how having Chara, McQuaid, Boychuk, Lucic, and Thornton prevented Savard's career ending injury just like some of those same guys prevented Bergeron's nearly career ending injury. I really want this team to return to the Big Bad Bruins days where opponents were so afraid of them, they would never take cheap shots that end careers of players like Neely.

:sarcasm:

I wonder how many times this point has to be made before the same people stop completely ignoring it

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have a question, I should have asked it last night- are the rinks in China wider than US/Canada? Sure looked that way to me.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I have a question, I should have asked it last night- are the rinks in China wider than US/Canada? Sure looked that way to me.

I could be wrong but I read yesterday that this building is the home of Beijing's KHL team and that's why they have an international sized rink

Reactions: BMC

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Very cheap. You really have to wonder about players that continue to go high and target the head after all the stuff that's come out lately about cte and concussions. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

IMO, players just say that they respect each other, but the game starts and they do what they do.
i personally wouldn't play any preseason games without a heavyweight dressed - the regular
season is a different animal. in preseason, there's a lot of dudes running around flexing. a
guy like prout is perfect - pay him a few bucks to protect the guys in the AHL, and ancillary
benefit is he sticks around for the preseason. or just bring in a goon on a PTO, there's plenty
of guys willing to take a few and throw a few for meal money for 2 weeks.

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
IMO, players just say that they respect each other, but the game starts and they do what they do.
i personally wouldn't play any preseason games without a heavyweight dressed - the regular
season is a different animal. in preseason, there's a lot of dudes running around flexing. a
guy like prout is perfect - pay him a few bucks to protect the guys in the AHL, and ancillary
benefit is he sticks around for the preseason. or just bring in a goon on a PTO, there's plenty
of guys willing to take a few and throw a few for meal money for 2 weeks.

Good points. The Bruins really did themselves a disservice it seems by actually bringing guys that could play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad