Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1695601031911.png

1695601069660.png

1695600868275.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It wasn't Poitras' goal that did it for me... I don't even think he got all of it on his shot. It was his whole game that looked good. Early, preseason, opponent and all that stuff, but he looks like an NHL player. It's just a matter of where he takes it from here.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It wasn't Poitras' goal that did it for me... I don't even think he got all of it on his shot. It was his whole game that looked good. Early, preseason, opponent and all that stuff, but he looks like an NHL player. It's just a matter of where he takes it from here.
I'd play him in most of the preseason games. Lets see what he can do as the line ups get tougher.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

The few things that stood out to me with Poitras:

-Willing to go in and battle for pucks
-Active stick
-Made quick decisions
-Made himself available to teammates for easy passes
-Found the soft spots

He made a few plays that weren't the best option, but they weren't detrimental and those plays happen to everyone (includes the vets). He was poised with the puck and seem to let the game come to him vs trying to force things. If he can continue to build off that game then I think he'll have himself a really solid camp and pre-season.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
May be off base as I’ve only seen one game of him but I see a bit of Aho in Poitras. Obviously a long way to go but the shifty tenacity with decent iq seems there.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hope the board is going to be ok with Poitras scoring 10 pts in the preseason and going to the OHL, lol
That would probably happen in previous years but I don’t know about this one . I don’t follow the prospects like many do here but aren’t the Bruins pretty desperate this year for some young blood to be in the mix ? 1 or 2 of these kids has to make it , one would think .

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I had no issues with Greer dropping the gloves. He's trying to win a spot too. If he turns down Harpur, it would look like he's scared, which isn't a good look for a guy trying to make the team mostly with his physicality, something the coach wants more of from the team.

Beecher intangibles ( size, strength, speed, smarts ) were really noticeable. He's put in the work in the minors - I'm rooting for him to win that 4th line center spot.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Thanks for the great comments everyone! I’ll watch every regular season game and playoff game but I highly doubt I’ll watch much of the preseason but I will be reading all your comments.

Reactions: BMC

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I actually thought Frederic was the best player in the game. He could have had 2 points if Richard doesn’t hit the post. He took FO’s, killed penalties, played multiple positions, he backchecked, forechecked…

Frederic, DeBrusk and JVR should stand out and they did.
I didn't notice JVR much at all other than a nice backhand feed to nobody from the slot and a scrum. Maybe he's just starting to ramp up his game

Reactions: Ladyfan

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Actually, I didn’t think Zboril had a good game. He looks great, flying around at that size, but I thought his decisions were more off than on, and I think he led the team in turnovers.

I think Lysell did a lot of good things, his back checking, his puck pursuit, he had a couple good shots and a really nice pass, but other than the penalty I wouldn’t say he made a lot of mistakes, he just didn’t seem to gel with Megna and Harrison, and he left you wanting to see more from him. fwiw, I thought Lysell and Harrison both looked better after the line change.
For me Zboril has NHL tallent but AHL IQ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just watched the highlights on youtube. Bussi looked amazing. I've been down on Ullmark since April and willing to trade him at a high value, but wasn't sure what was behind Swayman as a backup, but if this kid can do that, they'd be dumb not to trade Linus.

The other takeaway I had: the white numbers and nameplates on these jerseys are awful.

Reactions: Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
We have fantastic wingers. Poitras should get a few games in the NHL to start the year if he continues to look good.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
you didn't want to, at least not in a positive way.
Exactly. Last night was all about the kids. JVR had a great pass to DeBrusk on the 2nd goal and then played his game. Only time I noticed him was when he and Geekie were out there in the 3rd hitting every Rangers player they could.

Reactions: BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I actually thought Frederic was the best player in the game. He could have had 2 points if Richard doesn’t hit the post. He took FO’s, killed penalties, played multiple positions, he backchecked, forechecked…

Frederic, DeBrusk and JVR should stand out and they did.
What I saw from Frederic last night is what I had hoped to see last preseason. Last year's preseason Frederic was playing like he was core and had no chance of being knocked out of the lineup. Only one game, but last night Frederic played hungry and as if there are no guarantees. Really liked his overall game. Fingers crossed that he keeps playing with that hunger and detail in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad