1695601031911.png

1695601069660.png

1695600868275.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Guys get challenged all the time to fights and don't drop the gloves. There was nothing for Greer to gain. It's a 3-0 game with a few minutes left and his hit was clean. The Bruins already know he's willing to drop the gloves so it's not like he has to prove it.
I disagree. Just like the Ranger guy…they both made points with the coach. They note that down.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bussi and Poitras the standouts among the non-vets. Jake and Frederic good games as far as the vets go. I thought JVR did some good things and Zboril made some nice plays. Very enjoyable to see players we aren't used to watching. Bs have some good looking talent in the pipeline.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I disagree. Just like the Ranger guy…they both made points with the coach. They note that down.

What point did Greer make? That he'll drop the gloves even those he's going to get his head caved in? He did it last year, so it not like Monty doesn't know he's willing to do it.

Harpur has been a career fringe NHLer whose not even expected to be on the roster unless the Rangers have massive injuries.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Couple observations on Poitras. Much smarter than former speed and skill favorites Koko and Spooner, also has a level of battle and grit neither of them ever showed.

Bruins prospect list should have both Poitras and Toporowski above Lohrei and Lysell.

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
What point did Greer make? That he'll drop the gloves even those he's going to get his head caved in? He did it last year, so it not like Monty doesn't know he's willing to do it.

Harpur has been a career fringe NHLer whose not even expected to be on the roster unless the Rangers have massive injuries.
That he continues to be willing. And will continue to step up at any time. If I know a goal scorer is gonna score, I still like to see him do it. That’s why they keep a notebook. Mark it down.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Reactions: wintersej and BMC

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
That he is still there and please dont demote me to providence for anyone else. I can fight.......somewhat...if needed.
Greer can be effective this year, he is ok defensively, ok around the net with a good shot but otherwise a classic JAG, what can separate him is being a consistent heavy hitter and letting Lucic handle the real heavyweights. When he has dropped them with guys like Harpur and Matt Martin it has gone very badly for Greer.

Become a Brendan Lemieux or Marchand lite in his early years. Instigate, hit and only fight guys who won't ragdoll you

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That he is still there and please dont demote me to providence for anyone else. I can fight.......somewhat...if needed.

I'd think he'd want his play to dictate that no? If he's hoping what keeps him up is that he's willing to eat punches then he doesn't have much faith in what else he brings.

Now of someone had hit a Bruins player and he wanted to drop the gloves, great that's the time to do it. Not when some fringe AHLer is looking to impress his coach after you laid a clean (and pretty average) hit.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Greer made a solid check that led to the pointless fight. I want him hitting like that every game he suits up.
But, again what is his win-loss record relative to fights? I'm not looking for him to fight, but if he loses and loses like that, he is not an asset. No one's going to be afraid of AJ Greer.

If you have a counter argument, I would love to hear it.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad