1695601031911.png

1695601069660.png

1695600868275.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This might be the first time reading an entire post game where I agree with everyone....:thumbu: And I'm always right. So congrats everyone.

2 guys I don't see mentioned were Walsh and Megna. Especially Megna. Fast and made simple plays.

There was one D man that was turtle like and I could never see his name.

32 of 32 prospect rankings my arse!!!!!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This might be the first time reading an entire post game where I agree with everyone....:thumbu: And I'm always right. So congrats everyone.

2 guys I don't see mentioned were Walsh and Megna. Especially Megna. Fast and made simple plays.

There was one D man that was turtle like and I could never see his name.

32 of 32 prospect rankings my arse!!!!!
I’m right 80% of time (thousands of bad takes floating around)

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I hope we see a line of Marchy-Poitras-Debrusk at some point or Zacha-Poitras-Pasta........give the kid a shot to see how he plays with those guys. I've said it all offseason, we need someone for 1C/1LW. I'm assuming they want Zacha to play Center so 1LW is our gap. I'm not against Coyle being back in the 3C role either. I don't see Geekie as a top 6 player on this team. I'd actually like to see a 4th line of Lucic-Beecher-Geekie.............that would not be fun to play against.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Really want to see Poitras in some later pre-season action. He got closed in on along the boards and swallowed up a few times and doesn't really have much in the way of top end speed. But, man he looked good in this game.

Looks like the closest player to a David Krejci type center they have in the system.
Thinks the game well with the puck on his stick, quality hands and some small space maneuverability with the puck. Those are attributes he'll need to be an impact player
in the future given his lack of both size and top end speed. Just hope he isn't
Seth Griffith...lol.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Poitras continues to impress, the kid has it.

Beecher looked NHL ready tonight

Happy for Bussi , a well earned SO.

All the vets looked good tonight. As they should given the competition .

Wotherspoon was the best of the D after Zboril.

Wotherspoon looked like the best of the D, which isn't really saying much because everyone of those guys were underwhelming , Including Jake "Don't Call Me Jacob" Zboril who looked no different than prior years. Hopefully, Boston doesn't get a heavy dose of 2 or 3 of these guys at the same time because they won get out of their own end.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
All vets were great, Frederic espacially! Bussi, Poitras, Beecher, Richard strong strong game for them...
Geekie? looks lost not good
No D will be in nhl except maybe for Zboril but nothing special

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wotherspoon looked like the best of the D, which isn't really saying much because everyone of those guys were underwhelming , Including Jake "Don't Call Me Jacob" Zboril who looked no different than prior years. Hopefully, Boston doesn't get a heavy dose of 2 or 3 of these guys at the same time because they won get out of their own end.

I thought that Walsh showed some decent offensive instincts, and he has a solid shot. But his defensive game needs work. Otherwise yeah the rest of the D didn't really impress much.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I thought that Walsh showed some decent offensive instincts, and he has a solid shot. But his defensive game needs work. Otherwise yeah the rest of the D didn't really impress much.

Walsh had some good moments with the puck, but he even had issues with his strength, which is passing the puck. On the PP he got the primary assist, he made less than ideal passes given the space he had to work with, including the assist on the PP, which he put into Poitras skates.

Reactions: wintersej

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Looks like the closest player to a David Krejci type center they have in the system.
Thinks the game well with the puck on his stick, quality hands and some small space maneuverability with the puck. Those are attributes he'll need to be an impact player
in the future given his lack of both size and top end speed. Just hope he isn't
Seth Griffith...lol.
Size and youth were the only knocks on him, but he sure didn't seem small out there. Wasn't knocked off the puck, and wasn't avoiding the body.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The jerseys threw me off a bit. Up close they look decent, but from a distance the muted gold and the white lettering are giving me a Penguins "champagne gold" vibe.

I agree. The differences between up close and at a distance are stark.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I only use this like Bruins third jersey - @Glove Malfunction said it was stupid and childish so I’m on egg shells when I use it he will call me out
and I will call out anybody that calls that out!

Very impressed with Poitras, it would be pretty funny if he is a big hit. As 2 2nd round studs from last generation leave the org a new one steps into the picture

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
fun game, good to watch so many kids I had never really seen before , didn`t notice Harrison a ton, not good nor bad, Poitras seemed pretty composed

Reactions: hrdpuk

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
and I will call out anybody that calls that out!

Very impressed with Poitras, it would be pretty funny if he is a big hit. As 2 2nd round studs from last generation leave the org a new one steps into the picture
To many people are talking about him from front office, coaches and players

He is centering one guy with 300 NHL goals and another with health will hit that - both are impressed

How good did JVR look!!!! He directly led to both goals

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have to say it was weird cheering for James VanRiemsdyk after all those years booing him as a Flyer. I really, really liked the way he parked himself in front of the net- he was in place either to put a rebound past the goalie or just screening him so his teammates would have an easier shot. I haven't seen much of that the past few seasons- Foligno & Coyle are the only 2 that come to mind. The youngsters should take note.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The Bruins brass had to be very happy with Poitras and Beecher yesterday. Honestly didn't see any of the D jump out at me.

Looking forward to seeing Edward ,Mast, Brunet,Ritchie

Reactions: Gordoff

Babajingo

Those 2 lineups were so far away from the NHL ones. I don't know how anyone predict anything.
Was fun to watch, but I'll hold my judgement.

I mean, how can you judge the Bruins guys, when they didn't play against, Zabinajad, Kreider, Panarin, Fox, Trouba, Miller, Igor, ...? Likewise, the Rangers guys didn't play against Linus, Charlie, Carlo, Hampus, Pasta, Marchand, ...
This was basically a glorified prospect/AHL game. Like I said, good game to watch some of the young guys but hard to take anything away from it. I'll hold off until 4 or 5 games in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad