Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1695601031911.png

1695601069660.png

1695600868275.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The jerseys threw me off a bit. Up close they look decent, but from a distance the muted gold and the white lettering are giving me a Penguins "champagne gold" vibe.
Yeah, I was not a fan of the homes from the get-go, but I was thinking the same thing as you after seeing them on TV from a distance. They look almost beige, and definitely have a Pen's vibe, which is an icky vibe in my book. I know it won't happen, but I really wish they would change the home unis and somehow use the center ice logo as the crest on the jerseys. That logo looks very sharp.

Reactions: Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Exactly. Last night was all about the kids. JVR had a great pass to DeBrusk on the 2nd goal and then played his game. Only time I noticed him was when he and Geekie were out there in the 3rd hitting every Rangers player they could.
That great pass to DeBrusk came from Poitras. Thought Geekie was underwhelming too. But it's great to get other people's takes because I'm sure I miss a ton

Reactions: hrdpuk and Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What I saw from Frederic last night is what I had hoped to see last preseason. Last year's preseason Frederic was playing like he was core and had no chance of being knocked out of the lineup. Only one game, but last night Frederic played hungry and as if there are no guarantees. Really liked his overall game. Fingers crossed that he keeps playing with that hunger and detail in his game.
I think Frederic is responding really well to them asking him to be more of a leader. They’ve asked him to lead the third line. Last night they put an “A” on his jersey.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
What I saw from Frederic last night is what I had hoped to see last preseason. Last year's preseason Frederic was playing like he was core and had no chance of being knocked out of the lineup. Only one game, but last night Frederic played hungry and as if there are no guarantees. Really liked his overall game. Fingers crossed that he keeps playing with that hunger and detail in his game.
Maybe he's motivated to play higher up in the lineup.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I just watched the highlights on youtube. Bussi looked amazing. I've been down on Ullmark since April and willing to trade him at a high value, buty wasn't sure what was behind Swayman as a backup, but if this kid can do that, they'd be dumb not to trade Linus.

The other takeaway I had: the white numbers and nameplates on these jerseys are awful.
Yes, change for the sake of change (and profit). Terrible jerseys. I also hated the way the spoked B looked at center ice. Maybe that will grow on me but those jerseys were cringeworthy. The sparkle crap on them made them look mustard color (as someone else here pointed out). They could've done so much better with those home jerseys but ruined them.
A quick takeaway from last nights game, John Beecher, reminded me a bit of Seguin, especially wearing the #19 which I hope that he changes.

Reactions: missingchicklet

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I just watched the highlights on youtube. Bussi looked amazing. I've been down on Ullmark since April and willing to trade him at a high value, but wasn't sure what was behind Swayman as a backup, but if this kid can do that, they'd be dumb not to trade Linus.

The other takeaway I had: the white numbers and nameplates on these jerseys are awful.
I don't mind the killer bees stripes. But the white numbers are really off putting watching it on tv. Like my screen's color is glitching.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
He pronounces his name like an Anglo from Ontario would. However his name is of French origin and is not pronounced like he does.

But hey, if it works for him it works for me.
He butchered his own name, but hey it's his name and it works. And it's simple enough for the commentators.

Makes me think of how the American version of Beaufort is pronouced Buford!

Reactions: JOKER 192

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
As much as he has the brain and skills to play in the NHL, before we start annointing Poitras as the next Bergeron let's not forget he (Bergeron) had protected minuted with Lapointe and Rolston on the 3rd line in his first year. He was also more physically ready than Poitras - they had to calm his physical game down after blowing out Volchenkov (sp?) in the early games vs OTT...

The calls to have him as a #1 C are just nutty and if he does make it and is playing 22 mins a night as the #1 he will be on the IR within 25 games.

Gotta let the kids develop in both skill and physical capabilities so they come in ready on most if not all fronts or they risk becoming road pizza which is a waste.

Last edited:

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Beecher was 7/11 at 63.6% from the dot.
Poitras was 7/12 at 58.3% from the dot.
Beecher can make the team because:

1. He's strong in the face-off dot. With the loss of Bergy and Krech, someone that can win face-offs is badly needed. A 63.6% win percentage is outstanding. I also understand that the Rangers did not have their top face-off guys in the lineup perhaps.

2. He can kill penalties

3. He's got size and speed

Maybe he is not going to light up the score sheet, but his intangibles alone are a positive. I feel like the scoring will come in due time. Big forwards take longer to mature than smaller ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad