GDT: PS Game #6| FLYERS at NY Rangers |Mon., Sep. 29, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I think Leier-Laughton-Jones giving 100% effort will do a lot better than Read-Coots-Simmonds did last night.

That looks accurate, except maybe they play Bellemare at center and Raffl on the wing.
I hope Bellemare,Jones,and Laughton all make this team so we have some speed,skill, and size.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I hope Bellemare,Jones,and Laughton all make this team so we have some speed,skill, and size.

Don't think it is possible without a trade being made, unless Rinaldo, Akeson, and Rosehill are all waived, which does not seem like a legitimate possibility.

Giroux, Voracek, Simmer, RJ, Read, Coots, VL, Raffl, Schenn, Rinaldo are all locks (whether or not you agree with Rinaldo being a lock, it is pretty clear that he is). You're best bet is that two out of those three make the team over Akeson and Rosehill and Rinaldo becomes the 13th forward (which seems unlikely). I imagine two of PEB, Jones, Laughton, and Akeson make the team. Jones as #13 I think is a good bet, though it would mean Rosie is sent down, which I'm not real confident the team will do, no matter how obvious it is that they should, but I think in the end they do. I think Jones at #13 and one of the others on the 4th line is how things will shake out.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Shouldnt it be about time we get a "real" lineup going? Only 3 games left including tonight. I know it's not necessary, but would be nice for some of the NHL squad to work together with just themselves abit.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
According to Sam Car on twitter we are seeing the "A" squad defense

Coburn-Mac; Gross-Streit; Schenn-DZ; Schultz

Unless he meant that the regular season team has already been decided (which it most likely was)

SgtJoseph*

Looking forward to watching this one on the NHL channel in a few minutes........Drop the puck !

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
Did this guy on NHL Network really just say that Rinaldo is one of our possible centers when talking about if Laughton will make the NHL this year? He listed G as our #1, Schenn or Couts as 2, Couts or Lecavalier as 3, and then mentioned that Rinaldo can play as well. When was the last time Rinaldo played center for the Flyers?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
So this game is basically Schenn and Akeson vs Lundqvist and most of their regular roster.

This is gonna be good.

Jones and Leier were arguably the two best forwards last night, rewarded for their play. Berube was supposedly as upset with the team's play as Beefy in an orange grove.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Did this guy on NHL Network really just say that Rinaldo is one of our possible centers when talking about if Laughton will make the NHL this year? He listed G as our #1, Schenn or Couts as 2, Couts or Lecavalier as 3, and then mentioned that Rinaldo can play as well. When was the last time Rinaldo played center for the Flyers?

NHL.com still lists Rinaldo as a center. My guess the guy has no clue what the hell he's talking about & just looked at that. :laugh:

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
NHL.com still lists Rinaldo as a center. My guess the guy has no clue what the hell he's talking about & just looked at that. :laugh:

:laugh: okay I was wondering. Of all the players we have who can play center and have been getting a look at center this preseason he lists Rinaldo...I was just...still don't know how to react to that :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Shouldnt it be about time we get a "real" lineup going? Only 3 games left including tonight. I know it's not necessary, but would be nice for some of the NHL squad to work together with just themselves abit.

My guess the really condensed schedule has made it a little tough this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad