GDT: PS Game #4| New Jersey at FLYERS |Thu., Sep. 25, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Update from Meltzer.

Courtesy of Anthony Mingioni, here are the lines that skated this morning.

Andrew Gordon - Brayden Schenn - Jakub Voracek
Michael Raffl - Vincent Lecavalier - Jason Akeson
Scott Laughton - Blair Jones - Taylor Leier
Zac Rinaldo - Chris VandeVelde - Jay Rosehill

Andrew MacDonald - Braydon Coburn
Nicklas Grossmann - Mark Streit
Samuel Morin - Shayne Gostisbehere

Steve Mason / Rob Zepp

The two goalies will split time in half tonight. Berube joked that he would flip a coin before the game to determine the starter then said number one goaltender Mason would get the first period and a half.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Some of those lines/pairings just look so awful. Especially Rinaldo-VV-Rosehill. It's just preseason so lol in the meantime, but if this lineup silliness from last season and this preseason carry over to the regular season then God help me, Berube.

Curious to see Ghost-Morin. Laughton line should be interesting too. It's just preseason but I've liked the look of Gordon and Jones as depth guys so far.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Where the hell is Bellemare

You have to dress a certain amount of veteran's (don't know exact number nor the exact requirement to be deemed a veteran), it's mandated by the league. So it throws a little wrench into your lineup decisions.

Bellemare didn't dress the other night because of this reason. He wasn't deemed a veteran.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Awful preseason lineup by the Flyers. They either don't take this seriously or Berube is just messing with combos to make his decisions on 4th liners and 13th forward to go ahead...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Devils Lineup

Forwards:

Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jaromir Jagr
Reid Boucher-Scott Gomez-Mike Sislo
Tuomo Ruutu-Jacob Josefson-Damien Brunner
Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier

Defensemen:

Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky
Adam Larsson-Eric Gelinas
Peter Harrold-Tomas Kaberle

Goalies:

Cory Schneider
Scott Wedgewood

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Devils Lineup

Forwards:

Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jaromir Jagr
Reid Boucher-Scott Gomez-Mike Sislo
Tuomo Ruutu-Jacob Josefson-Damien Brunner
Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier

Defensemen:

Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky
Adam Larsson-Eric Gelinas
Peter Harrold-Tomas Kaberle

Goalies:

Cory Schneider
Scott Wedgewood

how has larsson looked?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
how has larsson looked?

The fact that they have him paired with Gelinas tells me they are looking for him to be more defensive. His skating is really smooth.... almost too smooth. He just isn't an electrifying type of player. He's going to be really good but it'll take some time.

I think the best word to describe him is SOLID. In the first pre-season game against the Rangers, he looked really good... then had a complete brainfart in the third and let Kreider skate around him for a goal. Still some work to do.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Awful preseason lineup by the Flyers. They either don't take this seriously or Berube is just messing with combos to make his decisions on 4th liners and 13th forward to go ahead...

It's literally the 4th game of the preseason. As mentioned above it's also the 5th game in six nights as well as being required to dress a certain amount NHL veterans by the league (guys like Gordon, Jones, & PEB don't count while guys like Rosehill & Rinaldo do). There's still Voracek, B. Schenn, Raffl, Coburn, Streit, etc. along with the only top prospects left in Laughton, Gostisbehere, & Morin.

These games have little value to the team going forward. I rather minimize the chances of someone meaningful getting hurt in a glorified scrimmage by sending out guys like VV, Jones, Gordon, Rosehill, etc.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
It's literally the 4th game of the preseason. As mentioned above it's also the 5th game in six nights as well as being required to dress a certain amount NHL veterans by the league (guys like Gordon, Jones, & PEB don't count while guys like Rosehill & Rinaldo do). There's still Voracek, B. Schenn, Raffl, Coburn, Streit, etc. along with the only top prospects left in Laughton, Gostisbehere, & Morin.

These games have little value to the team going forward. I rather minimize the chances of someone meaningful getting hurt in a glorified scrimmage by sending out guys like VV, Jones, Gordon, Rosehill, etc.

I don't know why the Flyers play such a crazy pre-season schedule. Why not just play local rivals spaced out over two weeks to give everyone equal rest/play time?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You have to dress a certain amount of veteran's (don't know exact number nor the exact requirement to be deemed a veteran), it's mandated by the league. So it throws a little wrench into your lineup decisions.

Bellemare didn't dress the other night because of this reason. He wasn't deemed a veteran.

Yeah, I know that. I mean why is he sitting instead of one of the other rookies who have played more? I want to see him play and I think he has the best chance to make the team out of all the non-vets so you'd think they'd let him play more.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't know why the Flyers play such a crazy pre-season schedule. Why not just play local rivals spaced out over two weeks to give everyone equal rest/play time?

We mostly do with scheduling you guys, the Caps, & the Rags. The date placements were pretty terrible this year for whatever reasons though.

The London/Toronto trip has been tradition for a while now. The company that operates the WFC also operates the building up there in London so we play a game there & get another one in down the road at Toronto while we're there. It throws a wrench into things from time to time.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The preseason schedule is only a problem for me if good players get overworked.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Guys, one question, saturday game - Flyers vs Phantoms, is it going to be streamed? Will we be able to catch some stream? I really hope so.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
kind of curious that Gordon is playing with Schenn and Voracek. I wonder if he's got a better shot of making the team than we think

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Morin seems a little laid back with the puck. Like he likes the slow the game down. I'd like to see him make decisions quicker. Find that balance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad