GDT: PS Game #4| New Jersey at FLYERS |Thu., Sep. 25, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Good game, but they were playing essentially an AHL team on steroids.
So let's wait a few more games shall we before deciding some players are ready for the NFL.

That's not true at all they were playing over 70% of their lineup. The only thing is that the devils only played 2 preseason games. We should be weary of that as well. They were very rusty and it showed.

MadFerIt95*

My lines to start the year would be

Schenn-G-Jake
Akeson-Coots-Read
Umberger-Vinny-Simmonds
Bellemare-Laughton-Raffl

Rinny and Rosey as the extra forwards

Grossmann-Coburn
Streit-MacDonald
Schenn-MDZ

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
My take off of last night's game is that the Devils are going to be a really bad team this season. They're right in there for the McDavid prize.
Laughton deserves to be on the roster for opening day. He's the 4C.
'd like to see Leier and Gost make it as well but I doubt that they will unless Hextall makes some deals before opening might. I will say this though, the depth that the Phantoms have for the organization will allow it to make big deals if they become available. Teams always need veteran defensemen and the Flyers have a few that they could move. If I were MDZ, Grossmann or L Schenn, I wouldn't take wouldn't take out any long term leases.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My take off of last night's game is that the Devils are going to be a really bad team this season. They're right in there for the McDavid prize.
Laughton deserves to be on the roster for opening day. He's the 4C.
'd like to see Leier and Gost make it as well but I doubt that they will unless Hextall makes some deals before opening might. I will say this though, the depth that the Phantoms have for the organization will allow it to make big deals if they become available. Teams always need veteran defensemen and the Flyers have a few that they could move. If I were MDZ, Grossmann or L Schenn, I wouldn't take wouldn't take out any long term leases.

Yeah Devils aren't exacty the best measuring stick and they will most likely not have a good season again. They are typically one of the better teams in the league at puck possession 5 on 5 and establishing the forecheck. They just can't finish....last night they couldn't do either and cashed it in fairly early when the Flyers overwhelmed them with the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad