GDT: PS Game 3: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 9/23 7PM EDT

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
There needs to be a message broadcasted before all games that says if you find yourself on the jumbo screen please do not 'raise the roof.' It's sad.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I was kind of hoping Anderson would get the empty netter. He deserves to get rewarded tonight.

I really like the C-B-J chant.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Good - Bob, Cam, Anderson, Rychel, Chaput, Arty, JJ, Dansk
Bad - Gibbons, Madaisky, Wiz, Weber
They played? - Collins, Tropp
Meh, OK - Hartnell, Bjorkstrand, Tynan, Tyutin, Dubinsky, Golo

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good: Bob, Cam, Goloubef, JJ, Anderson, Arty, Dansk
Bad: weber, Hartnell, tropp, gibbons

The rest were meh

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good - Bob, Cam, Anderson, Rychel, Chaput, Arty, JJ, Dansk
Bad - Gibbons, Madaisky, Wiz, Weber
They played? - Collins, Tropp
Meh, OK - Hartnell, Bjorkstrand, Tynan, Tyutin, Dubinsky, Golo

I agree with this. Though I'd say Dubinsky was good.

Dexter20

Dec 18, 2013
Here's the funny thing about Hartnell, led the team in Hits with 5, led the team in shots tied with ANDY at 4, had 2 blocked shots and a takeaway. Theres a reason they pay him the big dough. Wait til he steps it up......love him on my team

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
My Thoughts:

Bob looked amazing. Really solid positioning and he hasn't lost an ounce of quickness laterally. It was also nice to see Dansk come in and settle in right away, he seems to have trouble getting into the game.

Rychel is making it very difficult to put him anywhere but the starting lineup in Columbus. He's really starting to remind me of Jenner.

Its amazing the difference in play when Wiz has a guy that can cover for his positioning mistakes. There isn't a better D-man on the team than Wiz when he's at his best, but Wiz's offensive instincts really can bite him if he doesn't have a partner to cover for his lapses.

Cam is on a mission.

thebus2288*

I think both Collins and Tropp have been passed by pretty much every new/young guy that was playing tonight. Anderson, Rychel, and Tynan are all better. Chaput also and he was way quicker than I remember. I'm not sure I see what most see in Bjorkstrand future wise, he's going to have to change his game quite a bit for it to work in the pros. I was expecting better from Gibbons to be honest. Can we stop wanting to trade Anisimov yet? And as good as they play together I want Cam and Calvert on different lines. I want one of them with Anisimov. Their speed would open things up for him and he's really good with a little extra time. I also think both guys would benefit from being kinda the "go to" shooter on a line.

And I still think we could use a solid defensive defenseman.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Rychel and Anderson both are fitting right in with the system. If I was a betting man, I'd have both of them slotted in for opening night.

Was a pretty good game as far as preseason goes. Could have took a nap for most of the first 30 minutes. Third period was very enjoyable. Greiss had a good outing, otherwise this could have been 4-0 easily with some of the chances we had in the 3rd.

Obviously, as many have said, most of the vets are going about 60 or 70% for these games. 3rd period though, I think most everybody turned it up.

Wiz had a pair of bad defensive plays in the 1st period leading to chances, nothing out of the ordinary though. The hit on Leblond was quite nice I must admit.

Bjork had a really nice chance or play here and there, but he's just not an NHL level player, yet.

Gibbons, Tropp looked surprisingly non-existent. For guys who are being challenged for spots, I expected a little more fire out of them.

Finally, thought Goloubef had a good outing, he would be a reliable guy for us if needed. He and Erixon are just in a tough spot right now with the amount of depth we have. Hoping one of the two break through for a spot but we will have to see.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
You really can't tell anything from a game like this. Chaput helped himself. Bob is Bob-like. Beyond that? I concur with "meh."

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
agree on the good/bad/meh for the most part...i didn't think weber was bad...maybe not good...but not bad imo...

i saw more bad from Goloubef than Weber...CG overskated a couple of pucks pretty bad that led to odd man rushes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad