GDT: PS Game 3: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 9/23 7PM EDT

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah I dont think I will get to watch it either. Not because I will be at work, but because FSO is showing the Indians play out the stretch. Why that would have an effect on streaming is beyond me.:shakehead

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Lol this is almost more trouble than it's worth. May just break out the laptop. Everything's in itty bitty font and i can't see what the hell I'm doing.

Aaaand I gave up.

Last edited:

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Rychel looks awesome. Really like Anderson.

OTOH, Wil Weber looks awful when he's not in his own end. Chaput is just an awful passer.

Couple of the other guys look like decent prospects. Tynan fits that Calvert mold, although not as intense.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Super early initial thoughts: Rychel looks like he belongs. He's huge, good puck control and great vision on the powerplay. Reminds me of Foligno.

Yeah its really easy to get excited, especially about a young guy with expectations. At the same time there was a time Stalberg was one of the goal leaders in preseason (I think he led but cant remember 100%) but then obviously fell off once everyone else starting going full speed.
Im glad Rychel is looking good though, I think I've been his biggest critic since we drafted him

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
What, you think he learned how to play defence over the summer?

In the last two shifts I thought Wiz was awful.

No, I was just being facetious. It seemed like every time he pinched on the PP he would not keep it in. Haven't been really super impressed with anyone yet; most passing is pretty rusty so far.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Let's hope we never have to play Weber or Madaisky. Because they are just god awful.

Not a lot to watch, our offense hasn't been able to do hardly anything because these defensive pairings are pretty damn bad. That and every center not named Dubinsky doesn't know how to backcheck.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I've been keen on Rychel spending most of the year in the AHL but damn he's playing real well. Maybe he deserves a chance right away

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Gibbons is trying way too hard. He's kind of just running around really fast but not doing much of significance.

Anderson looks good and seems like he never left the ice. Bjorkstrand has been a disappointment to me so far for most of training camp. Defense is a dumpster fire apart from JJ.

Bob was solid.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I think Rychel looks like he should spend time in Springfield so he can get his game a little more seasoned, but he does look very, very good.

I think Anderson is ready for his role on the team, though. JMO, but I think Anderson looks like a really solid 3rd/4th liner with some scoring ability. Really like his game.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I saw most of the shifts, and I agree with everyone's observations so far, except Goloubef was solid, and Anisimov was good defensively as always. Wiz is a mess.

thebus2288*

What, you think he learned how to play defence over the summer?

In the last two shifts I thought Wiz was awful.

His skating is terrible. He isn't a top-anything defenseman with his foot speed and agility. Literally one of the worst skaters in the league that aren't 6 foot 4 or taller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad