GDT: PS Game 3: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 9/23 7PM EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
wish I hadn't seen this post

clicked on it and spent the next hour removing Malware from my laptop

I'll wait till the regular season starts

Sadly, a lot of the stream sites are larded with malware. You shouldn't go near them unless you have a good antivirus program ready to go. My experience is i open up a stream, and i get a couple of malware attacks that avg instantly removes, and then the stream runs fine from there on.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
His skating is terrible. He isn't a top-anything defenseman with his foot speed and agility. Literally one of the worst skaters in the league that aren't 6 foot 4 or taller.

Should the Jackets consider trading him? :sarcasm:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Agree about Gibbons. Expected a little more from him.

Seemed to me that the Pens guys that are trying to make a name for themselves, which was pretty much all of them, were really going after Tropp and Hartnell all night.

As has been said, Bob was outstanding. Positionally sound, and very quick for his first game. Not much rust there.

I too like Rychel and Anderson. I think Rychel is making it tough for the brass not to make a spot for him. As much as I have liked Anderson, I still think numbers will send him down.

Did not like Madaisky at all. He needs time in the AHL. Weber shows some promise for the future.

What can you say about Cam. Seems like this pre-season he has just turned it on when it seems we need something to happen. He has me excited for what he might do this season.

Like I've said before, it's early and the vets get a pass. Nothing for them to prove and they just want to get in shape and not get injured.

Side note:

Early in the third Dubi crashed the net for a rebound and bumped the Pens goalie. Letang grabbed Dubi and pushed him behind the net. Letang looked angry and was yelling at Dubi. I could not see Dubi's face but he said something to Letang at which point Letang kind of smiled, said something like "oh, ok" and skated away. We just got a chuckle out of that. A couple of veterans keeping things in perspective.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
This is a big year for Cam. With so many youngsters coming up, I think he has to really step up and it was good to see him all over the ice last night.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
This is a big year for Cam. With so many youngsters coming up, I think he has to really step up and it was good to see him all over the ice last night.

I agree, contract year as well. Ditto for Calvert, Letestu, and Foligno. To some extent everyone of these guys need to solidify their place in the line up and skate for a contract.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I agree, contract year as well. Ditto for Calvert, Letestu, and Foligno. To some extent everyone of these guys need to solidify their place in the line up and skate for a contract.

I think that the people who assume that IF RyJo holds out, the Jackets are screwed don't know that a whole bunch of forwards have a whole lot to prove this year.

Not just the 3 you list above, but Horton has to prove he's worth the contract and not an injury waiting to happen. Dubi has to prove he's worth his new deal. Plus all the rookies want to prove they deserve to be in the NHL and not the CHL/AHL.

Not to mention Bob in a contract year. I really think they are in the best position possible to withstand a holdout by their best skater.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Don't know if it's been said here: but last nights roster was probably better than half of the opening night rosters in 13 seasons.

Fun times.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I think that the people who assume that IF RyJo holds out, the Jackets are screwed don't know that a whole bunch of forwards have a whole lot to prove this year.

Not just the 3 you list above, but Horton has to prove he's worth the contract and not an injury waiting to happen. Dubi has to prove he's worth his new deal. Plus all the rookies want to prove they deserve to be in the NHL and not the CHL/AHL.

Not to mention Bob in a contract year. I really think they are in the best position possible to withstand a holdout by their best skater.

well it was just a preseason game but the Pens last night carried the play most of the night with all those no-names needing to prove themselves, yet with Crosby and Malkin they got shut out.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
well it was just a preseason game but the Pens last night carried the play most of the night with all those no-names needing to prove themselves, yet with Crosby and Malkin they got shut out.

The difference between having a roster that is shaking off the rust and a roster full of players who will kill themselves to have a shot at the big show. Guys who have roster spots locked up are shaking off the rust experimenting and just getting back into the flow. In contrast the no names are willing to run through a brick wall in order to secure a roster spot and a payday, and at least last night weren't worried about stars.

Last edited:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
The difference between having a roster that is shaking off the rust and a roster full of players who will kill themselves to have a shot at the big show. Guys who have roster spots locked up are shaking off the rust experimenting and just getting back into the flow. In contrast the no names are willing to run through a brick wall in order to secure a roster spot and a payday, and at least last night weren't worried about stars.

I'm not totally following you here but maybe I wasn't clear in my initial post. I'm just buying the prove-it motivations put forth by STBC only so far. The team will suffer without Joey, because he brings a level of talent & skill that nobody else does on this team even with all that extra motivation. IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad